Mark IIC+ Coliseum

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveP

Reaction score
Just picked up a C+ Coliseum KR and have never experienced one of these before. I have to tell ya they are awesome. The sound of pure power and C+ greatness at it's finest.
This one doesn't have EQ but I didn't' miss it at all. The low end growl of these monsters is something someone has to feel to appreciate.
The limiter control actually adjusts the power to the PI which regulates how much power is supplied the the power tubes. After speaking with Mike B on it's operation he indicated that turning that limiter
up full reduces the amp to about 3 watts. It controls the output to a manageable level. When you have it off you really have to be careful when turning up the master. It gets loud very fast.
The limiter at around 3-4 seems to tame it to a more normal (c+ normal) taper.
I love the amp. Headroom for days on the clean and the lead channel sings. It's a keeper for sure.

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

I think I will hold on to this one. Yes indeed. I have a few in my "hold 'em" pile :D
I didn't know what to expect when I first plugged it in. The preamp section on these uses the normal C+ RP11a board but the power section
is very different that lends itself to a very unique feel to the amp.

Nice, this was the one in new york? pretty good deal! Yeah there are a ****-ton of caps in there! They do get loud very fast, but very manageable. Was this your first coliseum? Great amps, and they have that C+ tone no doubt.

gut shots?

scott

I have a couple of gut shots. It's a very clean amps. I agree it's loud but still very manageable. The thing that really struck me as different was the massive bass presence
the Coliseum has. It just sounds huge. Very full.

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

Yeah, I'd say that's the biggest difference, is the bottom end. it is indeed huge sounding. I don't have much experience with dual/trip rectifiers, but I'd say this amp can hang with them in terms of low end and tons of gain.

scott

Latest posts

Back