Mark IIB to IIC+ ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beltrash

Reaction score
please forgive me if this is a noob question, but i am a Mesa noob. :lol:

one of the most awesome amps i've ever played is a friend of mine's Mark IIB. his Dad bought it new and they have had it ever since. while the clean channel still has the magic, it needs a tune up badly now. the lead channel cuts out, pots are getting scratchy, etc.

anyway, since the amp needs some work i was wondering if this could be upgraded to a IIC+ or close to it. i mean, if it is even possible. :?:

hey welcome,

no it can't be upgraded to a IIC+, mesa doesn't have the circuit boards anymore for that. what you can look into is something called the "FX loop" mod. from what I have read this not only fixes possible issues with the FX loop, but also enhances the lead channel, to a point where it is about the same a a mark IIC. I think that will cost about $300 if you send it to mesa in california. if you do end up sending it to mesa, they would also want to clean it up... cap job, and whatever service to restore it to new, and that may run another $150 to $250 depending on how much it needs. so after shipping, about $600, but you will have a beautiful new amp. you can ask that Mike Bendinelli (mark series guru) to do the work. the whole process will take a month minimum to 6 weeks. 2 weeks for shipping and 2 to 3 weeks at mesa. right now they are running about 2 weeks turnaround which is fast.

if that doesn't sound like a good idea, find a mark III ($700 to $1000) , mark IV (about $1200) or a IIC or IIC+

if you end up buying another used boogie, try to find one that has been serviced. f you don't like it, you will always be able to flip it without losing much money.

Also, pretty much any question you ask, is already answered in previous posts, so if you want, catch up on some reading, and that can help you out. but don't be afraid to ask questions, usually someone will help out.

good luck with whatever you do, and keep us posted if you want

scott

Check out my post from a few weeks ago. Send it to Mike B at Mesa get the effects loop mod done!!! It only took about 10 days for me. Heres a link to my post

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51959

Back