Mark IIB or Mark IIC???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nogalian

Reaction score
I bought a, or what I thought was a MarkIIB "Loaded" 1 x 12 amp based on the description. You know SC, Red oak cab, reverb, new tubes, EV, mint condition etc. When it arrived it turned out to be a sixty watt with graphic no reverb a broken GEQ Slider, and weak tubes. I put it away for a few months to hide the pain and shame. Recently I pulled the back plate off to see it is marked SHEDUA 83. Definitly NOT Oak!
So firstly is SHEDUA (Ovankal) a hardwood anyone recognizes from Mesa history with building cabs??
Secondly the amp was listed as a mark IIB but the chassis is marked with a date of 87. Also I tried the loop test with a volume pedal (after changing tubes) and found it did not respond by changing the gain level, Mark IIB right? I also see no pull boost on the bass pot but all the knobs are solid black plastic w/ white numbers. Serial # is 106xx which should be to low for 1987 which is Mark III mfg time period right? The seller claims his deceased pop ordered the amp new from Mesa. It had some literature but like a schematic from 1978 for a IIB and a price list from Mesa dated 1984
Secondly, any ideas how to define for certain IIB OR IIC?
Thanks!!

106xx would make it a IIB, more than likely. IIC's started right at about 11xxx.

Pictures of the amps faceplate and the amp will tell the tale. 87 is odd though, they stopped IIB production in 83 (which would be correct for the cabinet.)

Back