Mark iib help!!!! EQ section not working

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogkid1974

Reaction score
I'm looking for any and all help in regards to anyone having experience
With a Mark iib faulty eq section. I have a 60/100 watt version with reverb.
When I bypass eq amp works. I was in 100 watt mode with eq 2 nights ago when I received the amp.
I played it for 4 hours at a gig that night and it sounded glorious. At that time it had
Jensen c12k but I wanted to put the original ev 12l which was also included in sale (along with 1-12 thiele ECM loaded cab). The next morning (yesterday) I put the Evm 12l in. For 5 minutes it sounded
just as I wanted. Then suddenly the fuse blew. I was perplexed. I had a gig that evening and needed the amp so I replaced the fuse with all I had.... A 6a. It requires a 3a and I understand there's a risk but I needed the amp to work. I put the 6a fuse in and it seemed to work fine. Fast forward to gig. After one song the amp makes a crackling sound them nothing!!! It took me 45 minutes, changing preamp tubes, reseating power tubes, checking for blown tubes... You name it I did it. Finally I switched the eq to bypass and voila... It worked. Though not nearly as detailed. Headroom seems less and notes don't seem as thick.

Any ideas??? I'm a new member here but love this amp and need it to work ASAP!!! I have a to. Of gigs and this is my only amp!!! Please help.

Latest posts

Back