Mark IIB head --> IIC+ -- question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cho

Reaction score
Can someone tell me approximately what this amp is worth, in today's market?

It is a Mark IIB head, from 1983, upgraded to a IIC+, in 1992 (I think).

It has simul-class, reverb, IIC+ faceplate (I think), X101 transformer, & it passes the C+ effects loop test

pics:
[ Link removed ]

Should it be valued the same or less that an original IIC+, or a IIC upgraded to a IIC+?

Thanks, in advance!

I have a B+,as I call it-doesnt have verb/has gone in twice to mike b.(previous owner) has a boost mod and "added gain"....I can tell you this-its smokin'badass!!! :D traded a mint cond mk Iv plus 1000 bucks for it and I haven't looked back

lesterpaul said:
I have a B+,as I call it-doesnt have verb/has gone in twice to mike b.(previous owner) has a boost mod and "added gain"....I can tell you this-its smokin'badass!!! :D traded a mint cond mk Iv plus 1000 bucks for it and I haven't looked back

Which power transformer does your B+ have? Can you please provide more info on the boost mod and added gain?

Thanks!

gts said:
cho and I have traded a bunch of PM's about his head.
I think he did well pricewise. Looking at all the pics it looks like it was "born" a loaded Simul C+ with Xport tranny. It has RP-11a pre-amp board.
I can't speak to specific components (lots of guts shots) but maybe BB can.

Wasn't it "born" a IIB, and "born-again" a C+? :wink:

cho said:
lesterpaul said:

Which power transformer does your B+ have? Can you please provide more info on the boost mod and added gain?

Thanks!

Here is a pic of the amp in quetion. It has a footswitch type "solo" feature much like the Stiletto and Lonestar MESA amps. It boosts volume, but not gain with a adjustable rear mounted pot. There has also been 6dB addtional gain added to this amp. But, unless you play with the Lead Drive on "10", I do not see the benefit (previous owner mod). :D Badass, for sure.

DSC03385.jpg

Latest posts

Back