Mark IIB EQ Sliders

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gitapik

Reaction score
Hi. Anybody know where I can pick up the EQ sliders for a Mark IIB (1980)? I looked on Mesa's website and couldn't find them there (unless I missed something).

Two have broken off and I'd like to replace them...

Thats not something you will find on the Mesa site. Pretty sure you need to call customer service. They might only have newer shaped sliders like for the mk V so they may be different than your existing sliders. But you can always replace them all.

Scott

The sliders, or the knobs? Knobs, you need to order in a 5pc set, since they have the rounded MKV style ones now. Sliders are any old 50K linear potentiometer.

>Photi G< said:
The sliders, or the knobs? Knobs, you need to order in a 5pc set, since they have the rounded MKV style ones now. Sliders are any old 50K linear potentiometer.
Looking for the knobs, thanks for the distinction.

I'll probably get the complete set and store the original set in an old suitcase.

boogie eq slider replacement

The power board needs to be unscrewed and moved, then the face plate needs to be removed by unmounting all the pots, switches and unsoldering or clipping the pilot light.
With the face plate off, you will have to unclamp each fader from the top and bottom of the chassis slots.
Then you can have access to the front and back of the fader board.
Un solder the old fader and solder in the new one.

Mesa has the part in stock, it should be #588535.

gonzo said:

The power board needs to be unscrewed and moved, then the face plate needs to be removed by unmounting all the pots, switches and unsoldering or clipping the pilot light.
With the face plate off, you will have to unclamp each fader from the top and bottom of the chassis slots.

He's just replacing the knobs, or caps. Not the pot itself. But, this may come in handy if one ends up breaking in the future.

>Photi G< said:
gonzo said:

He's just replacing the knobs, or caps. Not the pot itself. But, this may come in handy if one ends up breaking in the future.
Well...I will need to replace the sliders on the two caps that busted, according to Mesa Engineering. So I'm ordering those and 5 new caps. Hold onto the oldies in case I'm lucky enough to find some more in the future.
I probably could do it myself...I'm pretty handy...but the amp's in for general maintenance and a new speaker..so I'll ask my techie to do it. Thanks for the instructions, gonzo. I copied and pasted them and put them in my "Boogie" folder. Awesome...

Back