Mark I reissue w/Les Paul

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CitizenCain

Reaction score
Here's a clip I did this weekend using my recently acquired Mark I reissue and a Les Paul Vintage Mahogany Studio.

Both the guitar and amp are stock. Clip is guitar > cord > amp, as Nature intended :D

http://www.visi.com/~sstolle/boogie_n_onions.mp3

rig1.jpg

Thanks, gents!

Actually, it's kind of misleading to say everything is stock. It is, but I've got the MK I running on a pair of 6V6s in Tweed power mode and pumped it through the Celestion V12-80 in a 1x12 combo I have. That box is the size of an 18w Marshall cab. Makes it sound a lot bigger than the MK's cab. That's one of the reasons I want to convert this to a head :D

Refreshing !

Nice tone & playing too.

That song sounds like it should be in a movie or something ! Some mobster movie w/ old cars where they drive thru the desert to burry something.

Cool mann ! Cool !

awesome sound! every time i walk into GC i see that gibson and have the biggest urges to buy it...**** you for giving me gas

Thanks guys!

If you look close at the picture, you can see the settings I used except for Vol 1 and the Master Vol.

For the clip it's set pretty much like this...

Vol1=6+
Vol2=6+
Master=3
Treble=6+
Bass=2-
Middle=4+

I use an old audio-technica PR325 mic. It's the only mic I have, I should really get a newer mic. This is supposed to sound pretty much like an SM57 for a reference.

The speaker was miced off-axis about 6" from the grille. At the vol I was playing at, if I get it much closer it starts to overload. For final positioning I strum the strings and move the mic around, listening through my headphones until it sounds the way I want. That ended up being slightly off-center to the left and angled back pointing to the area just to the right of the dust cap.

This all varies depending on the vol/speaker/cab/guitar I'm using at the time. The process is the same, and I usually end up pretty close to this setup, but with minor changes.

Latest posts

Back