Mark I Reissue pot problems?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nagshay1818

Reaction score
No, my Mark I isn't smoking the reefer haha. :roll:

Sometimes when I turn on my Mark I, volumes are extremely low, and then I can wiggle one of the knobs and it will work again. Also, my Master volume only work past 2. Anything under that and there is no sound. Not sure if this is normal or not.

I was wondering if possibly the pots are just dirty and need some cleaning. Let me know if that's the only problem, or if there is something else that I need to do. Also, if it is the pots, can anyone give an amp noob (pedals are my thing) some good tips for cleaning the pots out.

Thanks guys :D
Will

nagshay1818 said:
No, my Mark I isn't smoking the reefer haha. :roll:

Use the cleaner on every 1/4 inch jack on the amp. With the power off, spray some cleaner onto a 1/4 inch guitar cable. Then insert and rotate it into every jack on the amp, front AND rear.

If that does not remedy the problem, find yourself a copy of the Rick James song "Mary Jane" on LP. Then play it backwards on a belt driven turntable at exactly 33 1/3 RPM , with the amp on standby. Some bong smoke will accelerate this remedy. :lol:

If that does not work, try the famous "crossroads" in MS, there will be someone there that can help. :twisted:

CAUTION!!! Do not use contact cleaner to clean the pots.

The contact cleaner will strip away the lubricant causing your pots to freeze. You need to use Potentiometer Cleaner. This will clean them and add a lubricant to keep them working properly.

Blue Gilbo said:
CAUTION!!! Do not use contact cleaner to clean the pots.

The contact cleaner will strip away the lubricant causing your pots to freeze. You need to use Potentiometer Cleaner. This will clean them and add a lubricant to keep them working properly.

This I know, but thanks for the heads up :)

All jokes aside, I have bought a few used Mark series amps in the last five years. Most of them required at least a partial re-tube. And at least three of them had signal problems related to a dirty or faulty jack (input, footswitch or effects loop). Pull the chassis and get out your meter only after you have known good preamp tubes in the amp. :D

I sent you a PM. :D

Latest posts

Back