Mark I and 400+ discontinued

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyrexia

Reaction score
Just so everybody knows. Effective immediately. If you want to order one, do it now. International orders are over.

****. :shock:

Does anybody else have a feeling that something new might be on it's way from the Mark series? :shock: :shock: :shock:

****, the 400+ was an incredible bass amp, a shame that it will be discontinued.

Where did you hear that Phyrexia?

PS: I also think mesa will come up with some new mainmodels.

Octavarius said:

Does anybody else have a feeling that something new might be on it's way from the Mark series? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mmmmmmmark IIC+
:shock:

rabies said:
Mark V on the get down.

Please let this be true.... Winter NAMM 2008.. Which means if a Mark V is released then it would be available spring-summer time frame. Of course, new isn't always better, but it would definitely be something to GAS about.

What could they change and add to the Mark V though? A bass and mid knob for both the clean and R2 channel :?:

fpoon said:
What could they change and add to the Mark V though? A bass and mid knob for both the clean and R2 channel :?:

Maybe make it a hybrid- Mark series + Rectifier series.... Best of both worlds! Of course, I suppose then it wouldn't be a Mark amp.

They could seperate the mid and bass controls, add a second lead channel that could be voiced a little differently, which would give it 4 completely independent channels!!! They could also make power options available on each channel rather than global. Update the look of it a bit, I love how it looks, but when it breathes fire it should look like a dragon not a helpless bunny!!! Maybe even add a second GEQ, and make it so each one could be active on any channel (which would be awesome with 2 lead channels). Give it a midi interface so no more having to buy midi switchers for rack users!!!! Either give it a sweeter reverb that's selectable on any channel, or pull the verb out of it. There's a hundred other things they could do to it as well. Make Channel 1 a Mark I, channel 2 a Mark IIc+, channel 3 a Mark III, and channel 4 a Mark IV.

I thought about this - Mesa says the LoneStar is the spiritual successor to the Mark I, and the Titan V12 the new 400+.

I don't think they're reissue the IIC+ while the IV is in production. I really can't see any reissue of a IIC+ - I'm sure they'd just as soon develop a Mark V.

If they'd make a Mark "V" with Channels 1 & 2 from the Lonestar and keep the Lead channel from the IV, I'd buy one about 10 seconds after they hit the street.

I they'd start producing IIC+'s again, I want them EXACTLY the same as the ones made back then. No differences. Only some minor fixes on the circuit boards or something, but no feature or sound differences. And available in all options as it was back then. :D

But I don't really think I'd want new IIC+'s in production right now. And I don't see the need for it either. Especially with the Mark IV already being there.

Lopp said:
Octavarius said:

Mmmmmmmark IIC+
:shock:

From your lips to Randall Smith's ears.

That would be cool.... although it would be a hard sell on the wife since I told her the MKIV was the amp to end all other amp purchases.

Scott

I just emailed mesa asking about that. If it's a re-issue, it's gotta be either the Mark IIC+ or maybe the caliber series?!?!?!? I love the .50 caliber +'s. They were just as good as the Mark series. I told them that even if they can't tell me what particular models are coming out, they could at least tell me if it is going to be a re-issue of something or just a new product for 2008. If it is the Mark IIC+...consider one already sold!!!!!

Yes it is true the 400+ and Mk1 amps are going away.. There are NO PLANS TO REISSUE A MK2 C + AMP
That I know of...There are some new amps that will be coming out isn 2008 but I am not permitted to give info
at this time.. John T. Mesa Hollywood

Well, there you go!

How about a Stiletto that offers 6L6's to make it that much smoother and sexier :lol: Or an amp that offers the sludginess of the Dual Rec and the smoothness of the Mark IV with Lonestar cleans. Sounds good to me. But let's just not make this into another Road King.

i got my mark one last year in Imbuya with matching 1x12 thiele cab,
so that can discontinue it.
Its too bad because it is an amazing amp.

Back