Mark 3 Blowing Fuse

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I have got a mark 3 simul that blows the fuse every so often mostly when I have it on standby it did blow once while I was playing I replaced all the tubes but the problem is still there.
Any help would be appreciated

If it blows the fuse while on Standby, there are only a few things that it could be.

Power Transformer
Wiring in the Power Supply
Filter Caps
Rectifier circuit (4 diodes)
Filament wiring

You might want to take it to a tech to get a check up and change the Filter Supply Caps. They are getting old and may be the cause of the intermittent fuse blowing.
It doesn't sound like the problem is extremely bad at this point, but it might suddenly get worse without warning. Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's probably due for a good tune up anyway. I would have the guy clean all pots, jacks, sliders, etc. as well as tighten and clean the tube sockets.

You will be pleasantly surprised by the tone when it comes back. Replacing the filter caps will bring back a lot of frequencies that you never realize you are missing until they return.

ok I replaced the filter caps with some f&t 220uf 450v while it was on the bench I decided to see how much current it draws I found it sits on about 2 amps then it would go up to 2.5 amps while in stand by and then drop back down to 2 amps (During which it is just sitting not being played through) is this normal current draw.
I decided to have a play through it and it definitely sounds alot more clearer to my ears.
It sounds better I just want to know if everything sounds ok or should I still get it checked out.
The nearest tech that I can find is 12 hours away.

Latest posts

Back