mark 2c+ tubes??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffT

Reaction score
I have a 2c+ I just pulled out of a combo cab to put back in its original head cab and noticed one of the tubes, V2 or V3 (I can't remember which...I'm at work now) was a 12AT7. Is that correct? I thought they were all 12ax7's ??
thanks for any help!

JeffT said:
I have a 2c+ I just pulled out of a combo cab to put back in its original head cab and noticed one of the tubes, V2 or V3 (I can't remember which...I'm at work now) was a 12AT7. Is that correct? I thought they were all 12ax7's ??
thanks for any help!

C+ mounts all 12ax7

Well, I tried a couple 12ax7s in the v2 slot where the 12at7 was. They were brighter and harder sounding, and really no more gain. I guess the v2 spot is a mixer amp and 'verb return. Anyone know what the mixer amplifier does? I actually like the 12at7 better there I think...smoother on the high end. I can use the pull bright on the lead master without it getting too bright. Anyone else use a 12at7 in v2?

I bought this new as a 2B and was updated to a 2c+ when the model came out by Mike B. He also went thru it about 2 years ago, replacing some some graphic eq parts and some caps I think. I think the 12at7 has been in it a long time.

JeffT said:
Well, I tried a couple 12ax7s in the v2 slot where the 12at7 was. They were brighter and harder sounding, and really no more gain. I guess the v2 spot is a mixer amp and 'verb return. Anyone know what the mixer amplifier does? I actually like the 12at7 better there I think...smoother on the high end. I can use the pull bright on the lead master without it getting too bright. Anyone else use a 12at7 in v2?

I bought this new as a 2B and was updated to a 2c+ when the model came out by Mike B. He also went thru it about 2 years ago, replacing some some graphic eq parts and some caps I think. I think the 12at7 has been in it a long time.

As far as I'm aware of, only a IIC could be modded to a IIC+. The IIA's, IIB's couldn't be modded to a C+ because they weren't C's.

mystidream said:
As far as I'm aware of, only a IIC could be modded to a IIC+. The IIA's, IIB's couldn't be modded to a C+ because they weren't C's.

Back when the c+ first came out they could do an entire circuit board swap, but they can't now obviously because there are no more circuit boards.

Yep, I believe they swapped the board. I know it was a major overhaul. I think I saw a post where they did about 15 of them. Its definitely a c+. I guess it has the 100 tranny vs the stock 105 on the regular ones. Don't know what kind of a difference that makes.

Back