Mark 1 with EQ on the Bay

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancullinane

Reaction score
Wanted to get opinions on this one If I could.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-I-original-1970s-Eric-Clapton-used_W0QQitemZ270103706429QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks Like the Transformer is rusted and overall a little beat up. Of course the Clapton part of is is crap and the price for shipping is out of hand (needs tobe factored in)

Whaddya Think? Worth a shot? I have no connetion with the auction other than I'm Jonesing for my 6th Boogie.

DC[/img]

Seller has only 2 feedbacks. Too low for me. I realize that a person has to start somewhere, just not with me.

I personally wouldn't take a chance. If it sounds to good to be true, than it is.

It is a '77 model for sure. 60 Watt with EQ and reverb. It needs an extreme cleaning, and factor in the price of new tubes at the very least. A more realistic approach is to assume that it needs to go back to see Dr. Mike at Boogie. These amps are getting some age on them, no matter how much they have been used. Just my 2 cents, though.

JOEY B. said:
It is a '77 model for sure. 60 Watt with EQ and reverb. It needs an extreme cleaning, and factor in the price of new tubes at the very least. A more realistic approach is to assume that it needs to go back to see Dr. Mike at Boogie. These amps are getting some age on them, no matter how much they have been used. Just my 2 cents, though.

I’m with Joey B.
It looks pretty good but assume it needs work. (Even the seller said he did not know the history of the amp)
My suggestion, if you are not a collector or planning to become one buy a Mark I reissue instead. It is allot more expensive. But this is the way I’m looking at it.
Ebay price which will go up from its current price + $150.00 shipping as stated

Worse case after that
Off to Boogie more shipping both ways + repairs. You can approach the price of a new amp very quickly and beyond. Like I said worse case.

Back