Mark 1 effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom K

Reaction score
I tried some effects through the effects loop. (overdrive and compressor) and it sounded terrible. Am I missing something?

maybe read some manuals and see other peoples posts :wink:
Compressor and distortion pedals ALWAYS before the amp,never in the loop :twisted:

The loop on my '78 boogie doesn't work well. I don't theink the originals had a true loop setup. I'll be interested in hearing others comments, as well.

OD and compressor effects don't sound good in effects loop. Assuming Tom K's Mk. I is a reissue, I'd suggest plugging in a chorus or delay pedal to see if it fares better.

The effects loop on my original Mk. I does not sound decent at all. Actually, I am not even sure if the jacks on the back panel are for effects loop (the dymo tapes were gone when I acquired the amp). At any rate, I have tried different sorts of time-modulation effects with it and the sound was rather bad. I keep wondering if the jacks are for "preamp/power amp" instead?

Boogieman said:
The effects loop on my original Mk. I does not sound decent at all. Actually, I am not even sure if the jacks on the back panel are for effects loop (the dymo tapes were gone when I acquired the amp). At any rate, I have tried different sorts of time-modulation effects with it and the sound was rather bad. I keep wondering if the jacks are for "preamp/power amp" instead?

The jacks on the rear panel of an "Original" Mark I are most likely not a true effects loop. They are probably line in/line out. Mike Bendinelli at MESA can convert the old amps to a true effects loop if you so desire. :D My '78 has been done this way, and effects sound fine with it.

JOEY B. said:
The jacks on the rear panel of an "Original" Mark I are most likely not a true effects loop. They are probably line in/line out. Mike Bendinelli at MESA can convert the old amps to a true effects loop if you so desire. :D My '78 has been done this way, and effects sound fine with it.

Thanks for solving the mystery. :)

This is what my '78 Boogie line-in, line-out look like ...

BoogieLoop.jpg

The original Mark I does not have an effects loop. It is just a patch point.
Regards
Daniel

Latest posts

Back