Mark 1 Combo Reissue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom K

Reaction score
I have been playing my Mark 1 combo reissue for over 1 year now and have found new and interesting tones every time I play it. I cant believe how just a little tweaking of the tone knobs can such a difference in the tonal qualities of this amp. Does any out there have any input on different settings I can play around with to get even more out of this incredible amplifier? I am just floored by it and doubt that there asnt anything this amp cant do. The one and minor drawback is the weight of this little sucker. Its arm stretching heavy! I'm also looking for a high quality tilt stand for it. Any suggestiions on a nice and sturdy one that works well.
Cheers.

My amp is at my practice space, so I can't give you the exact settings, but I run the treble at around 5-7, the middle up around 7 and the bass at 3 or lower. For what I'm doing right now, I'm just using input two with a Tube Screamer for my overdrive. I have an EVM-12L speaker in it and it has a hardwood cabinet. Yeah it weighs a ton, but it sure sounds good!

Hi,

I had a similar question about settings and below is a link to the feedback that I got. I do not have a Mark 1 reissue, but rather a Son Of Boogie. This amp is very close I think to the Mark 1 reissue. No one really comments on the SOB so I always ask about the Mark 1 when I heve questions.

The SOB is a great amp, I just wish it had reverd and a 2nd channel (I use a Full-Drive 2 for that I guess).

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22294

Musical123 said:
Hi,

I had a similar question about settings and below is a link to the feedback that I got. I do not have a Mark 1 reissue, but rather a Son Of Boogie. This amp is very close I think to the Mark 1 reissue. No one really comments on the SOB so I always ask about the Mark 1 when I heve questions.

The SOB is a great amp, I just wish it had reverd and a 2nd channel (I use a Full-Drive 2 for that I guess).

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22294
To utilize both the clean and drive channels on my SOB I made a simple A/B switch,one input,two switches,two output jacks into the two inputs on the amp and you have it.

Thanks for the tip. Are there any of these already pre-made and on-line for sale?

Also, what kind of settings do you use? Don't you need to have channel 1 fairly low or you will blow people away or at least lower the volume on the guitar when you switch it on?

Latest posts

Back