Making my F30 sound like a fender?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshyLarry

Reaction score
Hi, I love my F30, but lately I've been dying to get that clean fender tone that so many have (John Mayer in particular, don't laugh!). My setup is Muddy Waters Tele and the F30. What do I need to do to get that clean fender sound? Only problem is that I live in an apartment and can't crank the amp too much. I have a TS9, DS1, CS3, and DD6, but I'm willing to buy a different OD (or a Clean Boost?) to get the sound I want. I don't like the DS1 anyway so I'll be glad to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

AshyLarry said:
Hi, I love my F30, but lately I've been dying to get that clean fender tone that so many have (John Mayer in particular, don't laugh!). My setup is Muddy Waters Tele and the F30. What do I need to do to get that clean fender sound? Only problem is that I live in an apartment and can't crank the amp too much. I have a TS9, DS1, CS3, and DD6, but I'm willing to buy a different OD (or a Clean Boost?) to get the sound I want. I don't like the DS1 anyway so I'll be glad to get rid of it. Any suggestions?
Well, you have the right preamp since the clean channel is modeled off the Fender Blacface circuit. It's the output stage that isn't helping though. Perhaps an EQ in the loop will give you the stout lower end and scooped clean of a Blackface that you're missing? Or, maybe you could upgrade to the F-50 which will defintely do the Blackface thing with aplomb. I love my F-100's cleans. BTW, you can use the overdrive channel for Tweed Bassman cleans if you leave the gain at 8:30 and crank up the master to around 1:00.

Back