LSS plus Tele equals... dang!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedy mcfeely

Reaction score
I just picked up a Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele. Great guitar, check youtube. Well I plugged it into the LSS, and wow. I think this amp must have been R&Ded with a Tele. My strat sounded great, but the tele is unreal, wow.

I have said it here many times, but the LSS is the best amp ever built... IMHO

I know a guy who has that combo of guitar/amp. I have to ask him about it. He has a strat also. But I can see that combo being very good now that you mention it. Around here, I haven't heard of a bad guitar/amp combo with the Lonestars. Boogie on dude! :D

i been giging with a lss 2x12 combo with american deluxe tele for about 3 yrs now great sound this febraury i got a prs johnny hiland it's there take on a tele and man does that ever sound good through that lss thats all i ever seem to gig with the lss is plenty loud enough for the bars and week-end gig's
i have a lsc 2x12 with the 10 watt setting but still take my lss out to the gig.

I've had a LSS for almost a year now. I tested it out w/a G&L ASAT and knew the LSS was made for that guitar. I did the Reeder Mod on mine and it really made the 2nd ch more usuable for the Tele. I'm a Tele man. I play the blues.......

The other guitar player in one of my bands plays a Tele Custom, and she let me play it through my LSC for a while... and it just about blew my socks off. Yes, this is a very good combination. Although, this is not really a surprise... the Lone Stars seem to make each type of guitar shine in its own way.

Interestingly, I had a chance to open up my LSC with my old Les Paul Special last night -- first time since I got the amp over a year ago, since my other axes are in higher rotation. Anyway, the LPS has P-90s in it, and they're a bit noisy... but wow! Another amazing pairing. At lower volume settings, the amp doesn't seem to have much to say with these pups... but given a chance to breathe, the P-90s really sound terrific. Very dynamic and round. The guitar really easily cleans up with the volume knob too, so I pretty much just left the amp on the Ch2 and worked the knob all night. It made me want to stick this guitar back in rotation...

But I'm definitely GASing for a nice Tele now, too.... :)

Yep, a Tele and the LSS are a great combo, especially after the two Reeder mods. Heck, everything sounds good on my LSS now, be it a Les Paul, PRS or Strat.

The LSS is perfect for every gig I need to do. Just the right amount of power, versatile, and a great tone without any pedals needed.

I've been using my American Std Tele with the LSS for almost 2 years and have been loving it every step of the way. (No problems at all :) ) I did however pick up a Les Paul JR yesterday and all I can say is LSS plus LP JR equals... dang!!

I've got a Musicman Steve Morse model with two humbuckers, one strat and one tele single coil pickups on it. It took a bit of tweaking but I can get great sounds out of all pickups. One addition that made a big difference was installing the Weber Beam Blocker on the LSS. It helped to reduce the difference between the humbuckers and the thinner single coils so that I can switch pickups without having to adjust the presence.

OK I am buying a Tele in the next 24 hours. I tried a bunch and the best sounding 2 (through a marshall) were an ash body maple neck American Standard and a Mexican made relic that was all beaten up with hot pickups. It was almost the same price but my wife would think I have lost the plot if I brought it home. Man it sounded good. I am buying this guitar to play funk, blues, soul and some rock.

Tele = dang people, please tell me which tele is best with the LSS.

Cheers

Transaction done LSS and American Standard Ash Tele = DANG. WOW it smokes.

I have been wondering and now totally confused why John Mayer plays with $20,000 plus of equipment and has such a flat lifeless sound on his live CD/DVD. Such a wonederful player, he really needs to buy an LSS (if he reads this he can split the change over $'s with me)!

I am recording with mine on the weekend, if it is any good I will post as there are few recordings of the LSS in the Rigs and Tone section.

A try at loading a picture via Avatar??? what ever that is.

The recording went so so. As a consequence the singer was bumped. Guitar sound was nothing like what I was hearing in the room. I do not like listinening to it and will not be loading it.

I can't get over the vercatility of the Tele with the LSS. It is pretty much my go to guitar now. It's brightness means I can wind back the tone on the bridge and get a fat dirty sound or bring it back up on the neck and because of the clean pick ups get a bluesy crunch sound even when the gain is right up on the LSS.

I am submitting now, will the picture appear?

The other guitarist in my band has a '52 RI Tele which sounds amazing through my LSC -- a Tele is normally a fairly bright guitar, but it's a perfect match for a somewhat dark amp like the LS. As someone else said, it does sound like the amp was prototyped with a Tele. It sounded good enough that we wanted to play it all day, and I'm saving up to buy one for myself.

I've got a LSC and it sounds great with my Custom Shop Tele, Taylor T5 or any of my other guitars. I've been so happy with my amp, that now my wife wants to buy an LSS for herself. FWIW, I installed some EL-34s in my LSC last night and it sounds just as good with them.

Dang. I broke down and decided to get a jump on Fender's price hike. I just brought home an American Standard Ash 2-color burst Tele. Changing the strings as we speak.

Latest posts

Back