LSS Footswitch/Channel Selecting Problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginsengnat

Reaction score
Greetings. I am new to the board...thanks for the resource.

I have a new LSS with a problem. The other day I was jamming with friends. All was good, we took a break only to return and have my LSS acting weird. I put the amp in stand-by and did not power it down. When I flicked on the switch...problems began.

Here is the problem.
The channel selector on the footswitch no longer was able to switch channels.

The footswitch still works to punch the amp into Solo mode. The yellow LED on the footswitch works as well.

The toggle switch did work to change channels and the green LED was working.......but it did not today.

Yikes. I sure would like to figure this out. I am dreading packing my amp and sending it away....I have already replaced the fuse and powertube when they blew a couple weeks ago. I am wondering if the channel failure could be tube base, and if so which tubes. I am hoping it is not some electric short circuit.

You guys got any ideas????

Thanks a bunch.
~nat

Do you know if the cable is covered under warranty ? Mine is shorted somewhere.

the right angle jack that plugs into your foot pedal unscrew it and you will find the solder has come away on one of the connection,s i have a lss and it has happen a few times to me

joe.h said:
the right angle jack that plugs into your foot pedal unscrew it and you will find the solder has come away on one of the connection,s i have a lss and it has happen a few times to me

That's exactly the issue. Also on the straight jack, the clear plastic tube shield could slide out of position and one of the lead will touch or short to ground. That explains why it's sometime intermitten. Doesn't look like these cables are well made after all.

Yup. Bad cable.

I guess I skipped right over trying the cable...thinking it was too simple. I realised that on my pedalboard, where I have my footswitch, the right angle jack is very vulnerable. The bass player stepped on it when we took our break. Hence the curious burnout. Oops.

...and about the cable. It is cheeezy. I am not going to fix it, I am going to replace it. So far, it is the only thing about the LSS amp that is even close to being chumpy. EVERYTHING ELSE HAS BEEN AWESOME.

Thanks dudes.

Latest posts

Back