LSS and G-System

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mARKw

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anybody in there running a g-system through their LSS?

I am curious to see what level settings you are using in the GS to find the best sound (without sacrificing too much of that beautiful Lonestar tone). Also, how high do you have the send level set on the LSS? Is it best to set it as high as possible?

Cheers
Mark

I believe the send level adds gain, particularly above 12 o'clock (from experience and I think I read it in the manual about 3 years ago) so need to be careful how it interacts particularly with channel 1.

Cheer

At the moment I have just left it at 12 o'clock.

I found this in the instructions:

3.) Adjust the SEND LEVEL control on the Rear Panel of the Lone Star Special to achieve an adequate match on the INPUT level indicator of your processor.

I think I understand what they mean by this, but with the GSys you can also adjust the input level. So, I figure I'll just leave the Send Level at 12 o'clock and adjust anything else on the GSys :?

I'd suggest you go to the g-system forum and search Lonestar Special there's info there on this issue. For sure get Laird Williams White Paper which is extensive when it comes to the g system especially setting up levels to maximize tone. I have my settings pretty much with the setting Laird advises. My input level varies a tad depending on which guitar I use.

I found I can set my LSS send level a bit past 1200 but after that i get unpleasant distortion.

After 4 years of messing w the g and the LSS I am now trying a 2 amp setup using Radial Loopbone and Headbones. I use a 65 Lil Elvis amp for great crisp rhythm tones that I found lacking in the LSS. The Loopbone lets me run the g in a loop in front of both amps so i can totally remove the g from my amp and get a guitar to cable to amp input for pretty close to each amps purest tone. The headbone lets me use one speaker cab for both amps and the LSS is just a head. (I took it out of the original combo).

Only down side is you can't run the g in an amps loop or it will fry the Headbone so for delays needing some distortion I use pedals in the g loop and into the clean channel of the LSS.

It's a pretty drastic solution to 4 years of frustration with the LSS which I've needed to have repaired 4xs and miss a crispy tone and the g sucking tone.

Back