LSC With Closed Back Recto 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripit007

Reaction score
Im considering buying a LSC head vs. combo for the versatility and transport advantages. I have a closed backed recto 2x12 cab with V30s. What are your opinions on this set-up, sound etc..? How would it differ from its typical Black shadow speaker cab / combo. Thanks!!

I cannot really compare the two options, but I have an LSC head running with a 2x12 Stiletto closed-back cab with V30s and it sounds amazing. I guess that it's a little more dark-sounding configuration but cleans are still there and you can also push your amp further into a less "classic" territory :mrgreen: .

Also - if this can help you in your choice - when I bought my head (used), the guy I got it from was running it through a 2x12 Recto closed-back cab with V30s and it sounded like a beast! Believe it or not, but when I tried that combination I bought the head almost instantly and later I choosed to pair it with a Stiletto cab only because of dimensions and weight. Otherwise I'd have gone for the Recto one.

Talking about head+cab VS combo version, if you're looking for "versatility and transport advantages", the first one is your choice: LSC combos are called "pigs" for an actual reason! :lol:

Good luck with your purchase! :wink:

Seeing as you already have the cab then surely the sensible option is to buy a head and use your recto cab. You could then either find a way to try a C90 with the head or even buy a used Lonestar cab off ebay, then either run both cabs (some people do mix v30's with c90's) or sell off the cab you like the least....

Latest posts

Back