LSC vs Rivera Suprema 55 - Opinions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
I have a Mark IV that I like, as well as a Fender Pro Tube Pro Reverb. Having GAS for a less high gain sound and something more towards the classic rock and/or bluesy veins (e.g. Robben Ford to Allmans to Gary Moore to Skynyrd to Bad Company etc).

I used to own a LSS, but the didn't like the gain channel.
The LSC on the other hand, seems to fit the bill better, but the Rivera Suprema 55 sounds quite nice as well.

Opinions - good or bad are needed. Thanks!

Matt

My LSC is HEAVEN.

...and I LOVE CH2 in it's stock configuration. I no longer use any of my OD Pedals.

I can't speak for Rivera.

I have a LSS and love it. I also a/b it w/a fender ProConcert 50/15 watt 4x10 , and I love that. Still I'm considering a LSC to replace the fender for cleans & the 2nd Ch for more options in a smaller package. Plus I have a little GAS. Good luck on geting the perfect combination, as I am still looking too.....CGM

When I was looking for a good all around amp I seriously checked out the Rivera's. Good solid rock sound, good build, BUT, I liked the 5 year warranty and customer service that I got with Boogie, so I got the LSC.

the Suprema 55 matches the description of a Stilleto Ace, rather than an LSC.
55watts
el34's
closed back
the Stilletto Ace has these features. there for it would be much more simular in sound to the Suprema 55

Thanks Boogie Shoes! Funny, the Suprema didn't strike my ears as a "high gain" amp in the Boogie sense of the term. Perhaps a Stiletto Ace is worth a look. I admit that it didn't even cross my mind :oops:

Thanks!

Matt

The LSC with 6V6's cops a really sweet cranked JTM45 vibe. Think about it... The really early Marshall stuff was pretty much the Bassman circuit if I remember correctly, and as such, the LSC with the appropriate setup gets that in spades.

I can nail a really sweet old AC-DC sound with my LSC and 6V6's.

VERY interesting Madryan. I wasn't aware that you could use 6V6s in a LSC. Where did you learn about that?? I'm using 6V6s currently in my MarkIV.

Matt

mdortona said:
VERY interesting Madryan. I wasn't aware that you could use 6V6s in a LSC. Where did you learn about that?? I'm using 6V6s currently in my MarkIV.

Matt
It's in the manual. I'm 6V6ing my LSC too, and it's verrrry nice. +1 on the old Marshall vibe. Awesome dirty clean. Single coils, PAFs... it's all good.

My opinion is that the Lone Star Classic has a much more dynamic sound than the Rivera.

Latest posts

Back