LSC Recto Tube rattling?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btdvox

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im currently been playing and starting to record using my LSC ive found one problem though, My Rectifier tube 5U4GB rattles when playing a couple of notes. i thought it was the speaker but then when playing a note i went back to the amp and held the tubes (from theb ottom) and found that the recto tube was the culprit, i took it out but it looked fine, and seems like it was working and so i put it back in and made sure it was secure but it rattled again. any suggestions? or do i just have to buy a new recto tube. and if so, does it have to be mesa boogie? cuz i dont htink my local dealers sell that tube

No it doesn't have to be boogie but you lose the warranty option by using non-mesa tubes. Personally I hate the mesa recto tubes, I'd give something else a shot.

Mine has rattled too. I found when I touched it it stopped. I changed the tube, but have since seen people talking about putting o-rings around the tubes to stop the rattle.

According to Bob at eurotubes, all tubes in a combo will eventually rattle, especially if you're driving it hard. It's just the nature of the beast. I've also looked at the "o-ring" option but I don't see how these would really help drastically since your tube is still suspended from the socket and dangling (unlike say a Matchless where a spring/clamp asmbly is holding the tube from the socket). It only bothers me when trying to record or when playing when it's relatively quite. I just bit the bullet and bought a 1x12 cab from Avatar to use for recording and to add to my sound overall. I didn't notice the tube rattle until after I really cranked it at one gig. I prefer the JJ's in my LSS. If you need a tube or tubes, Bob at Eurotubes will do you right as many on this site will testify.

Man, I was playing mine and it wasn't sounding too great, looked in the back an :evil: d the rectifier tube had fallen out and was laying in the bottom of the cab!

so no solution? because it really sucks for recording, can i take it out and just use solid state? tho i dont want to

btdvox said:
so no solution? because it really sucks for recording, can i take it out and just use solid state? tho i dont want to

A rattling tube isn't going to just stop, you either need to replace it or get one of those little rubber rings that are supposed to stop rattling.

Just buy one online, it's like 14 dollars.

yeah iu guess ill buy another one, cuzi thikn its the actual tube - inside of it, my other question is if it doesnt work, then where do i get these O rings?

btdvox said:
yeah iu guess ill buy another one, cuzi thikn its the actual tube - inside of it, my other question is if it doesnt work, then where do i get these O rings?

Here's one site: http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/

Let us know how they do. I'm still skeptical. :)

hmm yeah me too, i dno if ill go for it, i still vahe to go downtown to get a tube.

Latest posts

Back