LSC 10W Power Section Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chester

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a LSC short head - swapped my Stiletto Deuce for Mojosteve's LSC last week, and am very happy with the decision so far. The Stiletto was my go to amp until I found similar sound territory on my MKV (with EL34's under the hood), and the LSC now further extends the tone options in the direction I wanted to go

As always with Mesa (I have owned a few), the manual is an interesting read, and thankfully simpler than the MKV opus, which takes some digestion! But I have 2 questions on the 10W setting

1. Which power tubes are engaged? The 2 outside tubes make sense, but just want to be clear
2. Is tube rectification automatically engaged in 10W? Unless I missed it, the manual seems to make reference to 50 / 100W only

BTW - thanks all for your informative "tone & mod discussions" which I have been following on this Lonestar section - it helped a lot in making the decision to make the swap :D :D

Have a great week

Chester said:
I am a new owner of a LSC short head - swapped my Stiletto Deuce for Mojosteve's LSC last week, and am very happy with the decision so far. The Stiletto was my go to amp until I found similar sound territory on my MKV (with EL34's under the hood), and the LSC now further extends the tone options in the direction I wanted to go

As always with Mesa (I have owned a few), the manual is an interesting read, and thankfully simpler than the MKV opus, which takes some digestion! But I have 2 questions on the 10W setting

1. Which power tubes are engaged? The 2 outside tubes make sense, but just want to be clear
2. Is tube rectification automatically engaged in 10W? Unless I missed it, the manual seems to make reference to 50 / 100W only

BTW - thanks all for your informative "tone & mod discussions" which I have been following on this Lonestar section - it helped a lot in making the decision to make the swap :D :D

Have a great week

If you have a 10 watt option on your LSC, then you are reading the wrong manual version..... :oops:

Good point!

But no cigar. The manual that came with the head refers to 10W in every other section, so I'm sure I've got the right manual to hand. Mesa presumably cut and pasted parts of the V1 manual, so my question still stands

Latest posts

Back