Lowest you ever ran 6600 for leads?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine usually sits around the middle line, with the presence around 3 or so...

For years I ran all my MK's below the center line with the presence at 2.5.
I have finally changed my ways, but for the MK IV I run the 6600 just above center and have moved the 240 just above center with the presence at 3. Now I sound like Vito Bratta. :D

Presence 6, Pulled. 6600 between middle and upper line, closer to the middle one.

My old setting was just below the 6600 and I tend to drift back sometimes.
Having the presence pot in makes it much more like a C+ with that big bottom end and brash volume. I know the manual states that it is more like a C+ with the presence pulled, but it's not. It's smoother and has a different style of agression when pulled.

Boogiebabies said:
Having the presence pot in makes it much more like a C+ with that big bottom end and brash volume. I know the manual states that it is more like a C+ with the presence pulled, but it's not. It's smoother and has a different style of agression when pulled.

I keep my pots in.

Boogiebabies said:

Ah, so you used to run it below center for leads like me?

Interesting you say that about the pushed/pulled presence. I much prefer it pulled, it's definitely smoother, but I can't help thinking it adds something to the top end too?

Random Hero said:
You guys must like brighter tones than me... haha.

Yes, but it's not that bright, depends a lot on the guitar and cab used, you can hear how is my lead sound here :

http://www.forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=131764&highlight=#131764

Or directly here :

http://antomuzik.free.fr/All%20Blues%20B.T.mp3

Latest posts

Back