Loud "Crack" when Switch to 100w LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripit007

Reaction score
Everything was fine. Then tonight I plugged in my LSC that has been sitting unplayed for about a month, played for a while on the clean channel at 50w. I then tried to switch to 100w and suddenly heard a very loud 'CRACK" and all kinds of loud noise. Had to switch to standby immediately. It sounded like the thing was going to blow up! What gives?

Sometimes amps will pop when switching channels. Usually it's a static discharge and it only happens once, the first time you switch channels after powering up. It can generally be prevented by changing channels a couple of times before switching out of standby.

I switched out all 4 power tubes with spares. Fixed the problem. Wonder if it was one of the 2 inner tubes? Man, it wasnt just a crack while switching channels. It sounded like the amp was going to explode. Catastophic tube failure? Wonder if one of the tubes just wasnt pluged in all the way? Im afraid to test em fear of blowing something up.

Sounds like a mechanical tube failure. I've had that happen before... sounds like metallic death as the parts rattle around inside the tube shorting out.

Latest posts

Back