LOUd clean channel background noise?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishSasquatch

Reaction score
my clean cahnnel; has a large and noticable hum on my 94 dual recto. only clean tho. its been like that ever since i got it, cant hear it whiel playing but during breaks its noticable. its not there when its on standby obviously

perhaps the preamp tube for your clean has gone bad,find boogiebabies on here or use your manual to find out which tube it is for clean and try changing it,I would check for you but my manual is at the studio,or even just ask boogiebabaies on this question anyways he will know,I would say preamp tube if its only on that channel but it could be another component inside!!!!!!!!!!

My '92 DR exhibits the same symptoms... par for the course with the older Rectos. :?

When I sent it to Boogie for an overhaul, the tech told me that the "clean" setting was an afterthought for that head and it would never get any better than it was. Hell, it even says something to that effect in the original manual!

dont quote me on this but to me it sounds like a microphonic preamp tube,I cant remeber which one the clean channel is my manual is at the studio sorry,ask Boogibabies on here,if there is a diagnosis of a boogie to be done,he's your man for it,ohhh Mike B would 'probabaly' know aswell,hehe

Flick the tubes lightly, if they are microphonic you will hear it. Are you sure the hum isn't a dirty power signal or something?

Back