Loop mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flimz

Reaction score
What should the approximate cost be to convert a rectifier from a parallel to a series fx loop? Thanks.

It all depends on the shop it's a simple mod and can be done in about an hour. If you know how to solder you could do it simply by yourself. As far as cost goes my shop tech charges $45.00/hr. So that should give you a rough estimate. If you decide to do it yourself. I provide before/after pics. It's very simple to do.

Thanks for the info! Im considering a single or a dual rec as my next amp. I run a boss gt10 for my effects and channel switching. I believe I need the series loop to make it all work and sound correct. On a side note...how do you rate the clean channel on the 50 watt single rec? Do you think that is sufficient headroom to keep the cleans "clean" in a live gig setting? Ive tried the dual and triple, but there are no singles to try locally. Thanks for your advice.

TBH I haven't tried a Single but I believe a Series 1 single has better cleans Than the Series 2.

Here's a link between the 2 Clicky

But yeah if your going to use the F/X loop I would definitely have it modded. I had mine bypassed for the longest time but I really like a nice reverb on the clean channel so I had the mod done. IMO an active parallel loop sucks to much tone TBH.

I use a GT8 with my two Mesas and I modded both of their FX loops to series. The hardest part is taking out the chassis. The actual mod process takes 5 minutes. A good tech should be able to get it done in half an hour. I'd have them check everything out while he's in there.

Hey MusicMan....do you use your gt8 to also switch the channels on the amp? Which recs do you have...single, dual? I want to use the gt10 to also switch the channels on the single rec. This is still possible after the loop mod? This will be my first mesa, so I have lots of questions. Thanks.

can you post the pics? I think I'm gonna give it a try.

boxcarmonument said:
It all depends on the shop it's a simple mod and can be done in about an hour. If you know how to solder you could do it simply by yourself. As far as cost goes my shop tech charges $45.00/hr. So that should give you a rough estimate. If you decide to do it yourself. I provide before/after pics. It's very simple to do.

flimz said:
Hey MusicMan....do you use your gt8 to also switch the channels on the amp? Which recs do you have...single, dual? I want to use the gt10 to also switch the channels on the single rec. This is still possible after the loop mod? This will be my first mesa, so I have lots of questions. Thanks.

wow, sorry for the delay. yes, i have a single rec rectoverb combo and my gt8 changes the amp's channels just fine. it just lets the effects be 100% wet when in series so delays sound much better.

Back