Looking for a CRUSHING HIGH GAIN dirt box...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laskyman

Reaction score
To run through the clean channel of the mighty ED....

Narrowed it down to 3- will consider others as well- if you have experience with any of them, let me know what you think....

1- Wampler Triple Wreck or Triple Recstortion

2- Barber Dirty Bomb

3- Hardwire TL-2

Want a great crushing pedal for complete sonic mayhem- can't play with any of these locally- like the clips of all 3, especially the Triple, but it is spendy....

Thanks in advance.....

I'd go with the Wampler if I had to. My head would explode if I had to listen to that much gain and low end for too long. the ED should do well for you though. For some reason I recieved my Suhr riot before my Koko boost. I'm about to try it out now. I will report back later and let you know my findings on that one even though it's not on your list.

I would also second the Suhr Riot - I can't imagine anyone needing any more gain than that. It is like adding a fourth channel to your 'Dyne.

The clean channel of the mighty ED takes pedals better than any amp I have ever used - simply awesome.

Wampler is far more versatile than the Hardwire...hands down. the T.W. goes from simple dirty to full Recto (just a bit tighter) quickly and easily. It has a wide range leaving little to the imagination, it all right there. No experience with the Barber but hear great things.

The Suhr Riot is excellent with the ElectraDyne. It can push the Dyne that last notch that the HI gain channel dosent reach. The bottom end of the Riot is also big and tight like the Dyne.

YellowJacket said:
Get an ABY switch and a 2 channel Dual! The Duals are going for dirt cheap these days. It is kind of embarassing!

Indeed. I saw a used single rec hed at GC for 650 on the tag. With the 100 off coupon in the mail for purchases over 500.... They plan to sell at $550 without any haggling.

But I can understand why. If you want brutal metal, you can get a 6505+ combo for $599 and then the -100 coupon... only 499.

Heritage Softail said:
YellowJacket said:
Get an ABY switch and a 2 channel Dual! The Duals are going for dirt cheap these days. It is kind of embarassing!

Indeed. I saw a used single rec hed at GC for 650 on the tag. With the 100 off coupon in the mail for purchases over 500.... They plan to sell at $550 without any haggling.

But I can understand why. If you want brutal metal, you can get a 6505+ combo for $599 and then the -100 coupon... only 499.

Totally the cost of a pedal! Haha, I will own an electra dyne sometime in the future but even after trying the amp, I can feel people's pain here. Basically, it would be nice if you could use the clean mode, vintage high gain, and something with more gain yet again for liquid leads.

I don't need a different voice for leads- ED with a OD808 has that completely covered- but when you want to throw down some metal- crushing kind- well, ED really isn't a metal kind of amp....

AMT Legend Series Pedals. Bogner, Soldano, JCM 800, Recto. YouTube demos abound. $130 each. :D

Latest posts

Back