Longest honeymoon ever and still going strong

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialed

Reaction score
What's most amazing about this amp is that even though you can set it and forget it, you can also tweak it to the Nth degree and and then easily go back to that favorite setting. I have my favorite settings but I find myself all the time cranking the treble or scooping the mids or loping off the bass or turning up the presence or cranking the master and lowering the gain or cranking the gain and lowering the master or turning on the reverb or turning off the reverb or running in 45 watts or running in 90 watts or running single coils or humbuckers or both, there is not a bad sound to be had with this amp. I still feel like a kid with this thing and I've been playing guitar for most of my life. At 41 years old, I have had my share of amps and this blows them all away. I was playing a Strat today and totally re-discovered the 2nd position. That's why I felt the need to post. :D Thoughts ?

I really love this amp as well- the only thing that is really missing (for me) is a solo switch- but a clean boost is my next purchase- I would run out and get one, but with a B-Day coming within a month, I need to wait it out....other than that, The Dyne is the "One"...

I finally got the chance to play a 212 combo at the store a couple days ago. What a great amp. Very responsive and several hundred less than the Mark V I was looking at.

ryjan said:
I finally got the chance to play a 212 combo at the store a couple days ago. What a great amp. Very responsive and several hundred less than the Mark V I was looking at.

When I got mine I was looking at the Mark V as well. I see you already have a mark IV as do I.

What I found was that the main tones I use in the Mark IV (basically the lead channel) sounded as good or better then what I was getting out of the V in the brief time I tried it. And I really wanted to like this amp. I will probably give it another try once another one shows up at my Local GC.

When I tried the ED I was really blown away. Very thick, tight. Knowing that I had all the Mark tone I needed in the IV, I went with the ED. Even traded in a Road King and appx 200$ tpo get it. One of the best trades I have made.

My only problem is that I cant afford two high end amps at the same time. So I'll have to sell my IV if I want something else. :cry:

Lasky, the RC boost by xotic is sweet. Booming and transparent!

Yeah- its on the short list, along with a Catalinbread Picoso, Katana, or an Uno Mos...I really liked my BB Plus- just didnt work with the ED- too similiar and too much compression...

My only problem is that I cant afford two high end amps at the same time

Yeah- thats the thing...Id love to have 2 mesas, but I dont really "GAS" for an amp these days...not since I met ED....

I am Eyein' a Pitchfactor tho-ED deserves a MONSTER pedalboard....

Laskyman said:
Lasky, the RC boost by xotic is sweet. Booming and transparent!

Yeah- its on the short list, along with a Catalinbread Picoso, Katana, or an Uno Mos...I really liked my BB Plus- just didnt work with the ED- too similiar and too much compression...

My only problem is that I cant afford two high end amps at the same time

Yeah- thats the thing...Id love to have 2 mesas, but I dont really "GAS" for an amp these days...not since I met ED....

I am Eyein' a Pitchfactor tho-ED deserves a MONSTER pedalboard....

You like pedal boards over a multi-effect? I don't want to spend 5-700 on mutieffect and want my pedals back. What would 5 or so essential pedals you would have? I am already saving a spot for a Keeley copressor.

Bought mine last summer and still love it like the day I bought it. I have connected with this amp like no there!

I'm loving mine even more now that I've added a Mesa 4x12 to my 1x12 combo. Wow, what a huge sound! The only thing missing is a really kick *** delay pedal of some sort, but my Boss delays will do for now until I can come up with some extra cash for something better.

bought mine last summer too, and the honeymoon just keeps going and going. after i bought the ED i had enough money to buy another amp. so i bought a mark V, great amp, but the ED was better, then i bought a roadster...ED was better still. amazing amp

I totally agree that each mode of the ED is "tweakable to the Nth degree" and sounds great in numerous settings!

One thing that I don't see mentioned much is setting the volume to 12 - 2 o'clock, setting the gain trim on the back to Hi/Lo (yes, reducing the gain available in Hi/Lo modes), trimming the clean level back to balance modes. Talk about sweet "bluesy" sounds in all modes especially while playing single coil guitars!! If you haven't checked out this option yet, and are also into more "conventional blues sounds", you definitely should IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I typically prefer the higher gain sounds of modes 2 & 3 with the gain trim toggle set to "clean or normal" with the volume set to 2 - 4 o'clock, but there are also killer sounds available when setting the gain trim toggle to Hi/Lo.

Latest posts

Back