Lonestar vs. Heartbreaker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed I have. I have a HB 2x12 and find it to be a beatiful amp, but the LSC has a better sound where they overlap. I can dial in a lot more sounds with my HB the the LSC, but I find the versitality of the amp hard to manage-there are so many variations I actually get confused as to where and what I did to get a sound-and it responds alot differently to single vs. humbucking pick ups. I think the LSC is more limited but better at what it does and more manegable.

I also have both of these amps. I normally run them in stereo. To tell you the truth I can never make up my mind which one I like better. The cleans in both are exceptional. I currently have my HB set up with EL34s and the LSC tubed with 6l6s. This does alow me to get very unique sounds out of both.

If you have the cash get both :wink:

I have the HB and played some LSC, I like better the cleans on the LSC but I hate the distortion, on the HB I like the cleans but the distortion is better than the LSC.

Good luck on your search.

Thanks for all the opinions! It's coming down to the final lap, and the T-verb, Maverick, and Heartbreaker are all tied for first...who do you think should win?

We are truly addicts. :D :D

I have the T-Verb head, and Heartbreaker combo.

All I can think about is trying out the LSS. I want to try the Classic too, but the EL-84's are calling my name.

Out of the T-verb and Heartbreaker, it is hard to say. I have not A/B ed them yet. Now you have me wondering. Both are great amps. The Heartbreaker has a lot of modification potential. I have made the Reverb more responsive and cleaned up Channel 2 significantly.

I know I'm not much help, but the Heartbreaker and Tremo-verb are probably my favorites. So much so that I am planning on selling my Roadster and getting the LSS so I can have all 3 of them. :D It's better than being a crack addict, but not much cheaper.

Back