Lonestar Special vs Bogner Shiva

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picnic

Reaction score
I had a LSS for a while but didn't keep in favor of the LS. Now I want to get a EL34 or EL 84 amp. I demoed an LSS yesterday and it sounded great. I also have the Shiva EL 34 1x12 in my sights, but have only been able to check out Bogners sound clips.

Can anyone give a comparison of the two? I'm looking for that Fendery clean I get from my LS, but a Marshally breakup on the gain side. I'm not big into pedals, so that's why I want a channel switcher. Not looking for modern or shredders distortion, just a different flavor than my Lonestar Classic.

BOGNER SHIVA ! oh, man that is such a lovely amp. but for 3499.99 i think you would be better of with 2 amps and a amp switcher. but it is your dough. you would not be dissapointed with it.

personally i would try putting el34's in your LSC. give it a whirl. i think i am the only one on this board that loves SPONGY, but give it a shot. Tube and SPONGY especially if you don't want metal like distortion.

my favorite el84 amp is the nomad 45. unfortunatly they don't make it any more. i'm not real big on the f-30, but i also only played the combo.

oh, one last thing i would look into the road king. that is cheaper than the shiva, has great fender cleans (6l6) and then you can set channels 3 and 4 to el34 and taylor to taste.

HOW COULD I FORGET THE KING ! :oops:

New is out of the question. They pop up used for around 1500-1700. I could live with that. Even Lonestar Specials are sitting around 1200-1400 on ebay and the gear page.

You are not the only spongy fan. I set my LSC at 50 watts, low power and tube rec. I hang the power cord so it sags on its way to the outlet.

you know a couple weeks ago i called the guitar center in Rooseville, michigan and they were selling a lonestar special brand new for 1000 or 1200. can't remeber what he said. i used to live there and they always had big boogie turn arounds so i always call there to see if they have 2 channel boogies. look them up online and give 'em a call.

also you may want to check out the stilleto ace. from what i hear they have pretty good clean sounds.

as much as i love boogies if i could steal a shiva for 1500usd i would be all over it. it is that good.

Definitely try the Ace or find a used Stiletto. Incredible, "marshall" and Brit tones.

I own a Lonestar and Stiletto, and A/B them - excellent combination.

LSS is great too, but Stiletto's got mojo!

I don't know, i don't find anything special about the Shiva.
But new they are not that expensive as was said before, they are in the 2400-2600 range.
The Old Tremoverb i had ran circles around it.It was a combo and i had it modded cause i went with the flow,i wouldn't do it now, i love the new(to me) one i have with my Bogner 2x12 oversized cab.

I do like the XTC and the Uber a lot though.

Well if you like Uber your not gonna like Shiva. they are differnt beasts. you are talking to 2 guys that if they had a nice trem-o, they would never bring the gain on red modern above 10:00. and it would be tube and spongy. LSC would be my amp if it had 3 channels or i could put the drive switch on with the foot pedal. trem-overb is an awesome amp and i would definately pick one up if i saw it. but i am so in love with my roadster. channel 3 in vintage, 50 watts, tube and spongy...ah there are no others.

BENNY said:
Well if you like Uber your not gonna like Shiva. they are differnt beasts. you are talking to 2 guys that if they had a nice trem-o, they would never bring the gain on red modern above 10:00. and it would be tube and spongy. LSC would be my amp if it had 3 channels or i could put the drive switch on with the foot pedal. trem-overb is an awesome amp and i would definately pick one up if i saw it. but i am so in love with my roadster. channel 3 in vintage, 50 watts, tube and spongy...ah there are no others.

yeap, i concur with your statement, then again, i love Fenders, Vox amps, etc.

I find no niche for the Shiva, i can get those tones with the aTverb and much more.
I do love the XTC, but i have only played it twice, but each time it was a blast, even when i am not into the Marshall thing, maybe i loved it because it was darker.

Back