Lonestar Special lead tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmerel

Reaction score
I have found the lead tone I was looking for in my LSS, and wanted to share it with you. It's on the first couple of tracks here:

http://www.myspace.com/fudjmusic

I'm playing a Parker Fly Mojo, Teese RMC Wah in front of the amp and basic pod compressor in the loop (I know this isn't where it is supposed to go, but it seems to work). The delay is in the desk itself rather than the amp's loop, as it sounds better that way.

All gentle comments appreciated!

Thanks. :D

Basically start with the drive low (between 9 and 10), then gain high around 3, with all the subsequent knobs dialed back about an 1/8th turn progressively until the bass is around 10. Presence at 12.

That said, I've gone for NOS tubes throughout without which I couldn't get this sort of sound. Check the tubes forum for the complement I'm using if it's of interest.

Wow, that is nice 8) If you want the input (from a far less accomplished player than you by the way :oops: ), I thought the song was far too long! Just my 2c worth...too much of a good thing!

Oh no, I've gotten self-indulgent in my old age!

I suppose it could stand to lose a verse - thanks for the feedback on both the tone and the song. Very kind. :D

Definitely like it! So tell me, what are you using to record the amp?

I'm feeding the speaker out from the amp into a Sequis Motherload - so no speaker and no microphone involved (and no angry neighbours!). The whizzo thing about it is that it is flexible enough to shape overdriven sounds for recording without the nasty buzz you can get with some direct recording solutions. Good for recording clean guitar and bass amps too.

And thanks again on the kind words. :D

I'm happy to have the duckies, but wonder what they are in this context (apart from cute waterfowl)?

Back