Lonestar Special Effects Loop mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmerel

Reaction score
I love the pure clean tone of my LSS with nothing in the loop, but also the overdrive tone with a compressor in the loop (where it isn't supposed to go, but works great).

For recording this is not an issue, but for live I'd like to be able to hard bypass just the effects in the loop (i.e. the send/return bit of the loop) without also bypassing the solo and output volumes. The "hard bypass" switch bypasses all of them, and there's no way to do even this with a footswitch.

Has anybody done a mod to do this with an additional footswitch, and what was their experience?

I think the master and solo knobs actually are returns from the FX loop, so there may not be an easy mod to accomplish what you are looking for.

While not exactly what you are looking for, you might try an AB footswitch to switch the effects out of the loop when you are not using them. That would give you less of a signal path.

Thanks Ricardo - I've found a guy here in the UK who does this with a remote switcher so you don't need lots of cables going back and forth between you and the amp www.monkeyfx.co.uk - he calls it the "ottershocker" - so I can switch any number of effects in and out of the loop individually + true bypass

Not exactly the same tone as nothing in the loop sockets, but close enough

Latest posts

Back