Lonestar special 2x12 video, Country twangin' tones

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquitus

Reaction score
Hey ! I just finished my last audition vid to GIT, the song is "The Nervous Breakdown" from Brad Paisley

Signal Chain - Fender AM ST. Tele > Boss GT-10 (4CM) > Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12 Mic'd on axis with a 57' into my digi 002r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWo5b85bxC4&feature=channel_page

Enjoy! feel free to rag on me, i can take it!

Heavier on the grimacing. In Hollywood, you need to look as if you're taking a huge, painful dump. :lol:

Excellent playing, Mitch. I bought the Lonestar in great part for it's twang. What effects were you using in the Boss GT10? noise gate? compressor? EQ? Good luck!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

polishcomedy said:
Excellent playing, Mitch. I bought the Lonestar in great part for it's twang. What effects were you using in the Boss GT10? noise gate? compressor? EQ? Good luck!

Yes, the Lonestar sounds awesome, it's like a hot-rodded AC30, i gotta do the reeder mod on my gain channel though because it does sound a little loose.

As far as the effects i was using with the GT-10, I have a compressor, slight overdrive, delay, reverb and noise supressor.

The compressor i use is under the category FX-1, it's called orange crush i think, i use the natural overdrive just loud enough to give it a little grit, a little bit of analog delay and a slight studio reverb.

My signal chain in the GT-10 looks like this.
F/V > OD > COMP > S/R (FX Loop > Reverb > Delay)

Latest posts

Back