Lonestar question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overture2005

Reaction score
Guys, I fall in love with the tone of Scott Henderson, SRV, Eric Johnson etc etc... recently :) . It's kinda hard to nail the tone via my roadking & mark4. :? I'm considering a new amp... I can't afford those boutique amps. Is it possible to get the tone of the artists talked above via the lonestar classic /w pedals(or lonestar special)? Thanks guys. Need your help.

I know you can nail SRV and EJ with the Special and I would think the Classic would also work as the power section is more aligned to a Fender or Marshall depending on what tubes you use.

Maybe the EL84 is a good compromise between the two.

Can't get the SRV tone with your Road King?? Maybe your ear is more discerning than mine, but I haven't had any trouble getting it.

I use Channel 1 running 2 6L6s with tube tracking on Bold and it gets pretty close. I use the single coil neck pickup of my Warmoth strat and it's all there when I really dig in hard and beat the strings.

If that's not close enough for you, I'm certainly not going to get in the way of someone's growing collection of Boogies. :)

Latest posts

Back