Lonestar problem for xmas

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve

Reaction score
Howdy guys :)

Well Santa has given me my first problem with the LSS for christmas :( ...5w and 15w settings have stopped working.

I was playing happily with my new Carvin Bolt (great Strat alternative IMO) and suddenly whilst sitting there with the guitar volume turned down the amp cut out. The fuse had blown so I replaced it and now, 5 and 15w settings do not work :?

Help!!

I am a newbie so I may not be much help but w/ some activity on this thread may get others attention.I imagine the dealer is closed today ?????

This happened to someone else here a few months back, I think it was a preamp tube. It seems to me it was a easy catch and fix. Maybe the victim will chime in.

steve said:
Hey thanks guys :)

The bigger tube to the left of the EL 84's is not lighting up...should it light up?
I think it should, the guy that had that exact problem had a simple explanation, see if you can find it with the search.

Hi Guys,
It is your 5Y3 recifier, It works only on the 5 and 15 w settings.
Replace it with a sovtek and its fine.
Steve

steve said:
Howdy guys :)

Well Santa has given me my first problem with the LSS for christmas :( ...5w and 15w settings have stopped working.

I was playing happily with my new Carvin Bolt (great Strat alternative IMO) and suddenly whilst sitting there with the guitar volume turned down the amp cut out. The fuse had blown so I replaced it and now, 5 and 15w settings do not work :?

Help!!

That is exactly what happened to my LSS. I replaced the fuse and the 5Y3 recifier and it is OK now.

When you decide to replace power tubes check out the TAD EL84's, imho Mesa should use these as stock because they seem to be just what the doctor ordered :lol:

Back