Lonestar Power Settings Reg or Tweed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picnic

Reaction score
I have been running my LSC 2x12 at 110 volts most of the time. I have tried the Tweed power level and notice a slight difference in tone that sounds good too. I'm trying to get an idea of the advantages of one over the other from this forum's members. Sometimes the manual doesn't over the perspective you get in here.
What do you run you Lonestars or any other Mesa that have this feature at and why? Thanks for the feedback.

I run mine tweed to allow my to get that barely broken tone a bit sooner in relation to volume.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it sounds to my ears.

I'm just an "in home" player. I set my LSC on tweed probably 90% of the time. Love the tone but it also increases the "tube life." I run mine through a Hot Plate. I have my "wife home" settings and my "home alone" settings. Once in a while, just for the hell of it, I set it for full power.

I still have channel 1 set @ 100w diode for the clean headroom and channel 2 set on 50w tube rectifier. No right or wrong, it just works for me.

It all boils down to what ever makes you happy. I'm sure that's one thing you're amp will do that for you.

Enjoy!

i find that the gain channel suffers when in the tweed setting: makes it less smooth. Other wise it's fine.

I have put the LSC in the Tweed mode for the last few days and playing along with XM's Top Tracks and X-country. The tone breaks earlier, like a DR at 4-5. The LSC doesn't feedback as quickly. It does a great vintage Stones tone. I have said this amp is a TRRI and a DRRI in one cab. I think I could add that there is some Marshall in there too. Back off on the bass and the tone jumps out in the midrange and has enough bottom. This amp is versatile, tweak the knobs and almost anything is sonically there. I flip back to full power and get clean with no breakup.

i concur on the marshall bit: i was thinking the same thing but didn't mention it cause i've never really had a marshall.

Latest posts

Back