Lonestar comparable to a Fender super reverb or vibroverb?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobbypols

Reaction score
Is the lonestar comparable in cleans to a fender super reverb. I understand that the super has 10' speakers and the lonestar has 12" so they can never be 100% identical. However i was wondering if a lone star can sound similar or has its own style of clean or even both?

Having owned the Vibro reissue I would say the LSS (especially with 10" speakers) can get very close to the Vibro.

Bobbypols said:
Is the lonestar comparable in cleans to a fender super reverb. I understand that the super has 10' speakers and the lonestar has 12" so they can never be 100% identical. However i was wondering if a lone star can sound similar or has its own style of clean or even both?

I own a Fender Twin Reverb. The Lone Star Classic has a clean that is comparable to the Twin if not the vibroverb. I've A/B'd them and with some tweaking you can get an almost identical tone. But the LS takes it to another level with the rectifier switching and output switch etc...

If you appreciate the pristine clean tone you get from a Fender tube amp you'll love the LS.

Has anyone compared the lonestar to boutique amps such as Badcat, Dr Z or Tone King? Is the tone as good as these class a handwired amps?

I think of the LS Classic as a Twin on steroids. The Super Reverb is a 40-watt amp, so it will break up at a reasonable volume when turn it up past 4 or so. The LSC, like a Twin, at 100 watts has a lot of clean headroom.

Latest posts

Back