Lonestar Classic with El34's clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreads

Reaction score
Here's a little Ditty I'm writing. So far, I only have my Guitars on it.. got a friend coming over to lay down the Bass (I want him on the tune.)

It's my LSC with Ruby el34bstr tubes. J.A.N.-Philips preamp tubes. Guitar is a 48th Street Custom with a late 80's DiMarzio super distortion. http://home.nyc.rr.com/dreadboy/pink1.jpg I'm plugging straight into the amp.

I made it an MP3 for size considerations.. cymbal quality suffered but I'm posting it more for an Amp Tone reference than for the song. Thanks for listening!

Dreads. :twisted:

http://home.nyc.rr.com/dreadboy/Amaj.mp3
http://home.nyc.rr.com/dreadboy/mesa-solo.mp3

Wow--thats a LSC?? Didnt know it was capable of anything past cleans! :wink: nice!

fbomb said:
very nice tone,very nice. would love to get my deuce to sound like that,any tips?

I don't know! I keep the treble all the way up.. bass and Mids are low on this amp. I keep the loop level dimed... other than that there is nothing. I have only a noise gate on it.

Nice tone Dreads. I've been trying to find clips like this with an LSC played heavy. Thank you for posting that. Would it be possible, for you to post a clip of the LSC with 6l6's in it, played heavy?... I just wanna hear exactly how heavy an LSC can get with 6L6's

ur86d said:
Nice tone Dreads. I've been trying to find clips like this with an LSC played heavy. Thank you for posting that. Would it be possible, for you to post a clip of the LSC with 6l6's in it, played heavy?... I just wanna hear exactly how heavy an LSC can get with 6L6's

Hey,

This is a good idea but I am going through some personal stuff right now. I'll do this as I am curious too. I kind of remember and liking that it sounded like a Fleetwood Mac tone but not sure. Check back in maybe 1 or 2 weeks. Sooner rather than later I will do it but it is going to take some effort to pull/ change tubes and also to record it, but I will...

Dreads.

Sorry to hear about your personal issue Dreads. I hope it's nothing too bad. Thank you for being willing to take the time to make a clip with the 6L6's. It's defintely going to help me to hear that clip.

I'm going to be buying a custom LSC in a few months. And i have been trying to assess if i'll be needing to purchase any pedals to help provide gain. So, when i'm actually able to hear what the LSC with the 6L6's can do gain wise, it will help me formulate a plan pedal wise. If i find there is a lack of gain for my needs.

Thanks to your previously posted clip though, i already know that i can get what i want with EL34's. So, I'll probably be getting a quartet of EL34's as well when i make my purchase. but i do like the properties of 6L6's so... heh heh

Thanks a lot man, your efforts are much appreciated.

DREADS ! STUFF ROCKS BRO. I KNOW YOU AREN'T IN A POSITION TO MAKE US SOME MORE BEAUTIFUL CLIPS, SO I WAS THINKING YOU COULD FLOAT ME THE INSIDE SCOOP ON THE LSC DRIVE SWITCH THING. I'M A RECTO GUY AND WE AINT TO SMART. I AM IN THE MARKET MAYBE FOR A LSC AND I TRIED ONE OUT AND I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING. I READ THE MANUAL AND STILL...LIKE I SAID, RECTO GUY.

TRYING TO GET THAT LIFEHOUSE/THE CALLING KINDA THING. I KNOW, I KNOW, I'M POSER FAG INJECTING MORE SOULESS POP ROCK INTO THE WORLD.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, I DO C.A.D. AND GET TIRED OF SWITCHING.

BENNY said:
TRYING TO GET THAT LIFEHOUSE/THE CALLING KINDA THING. I KNOW, I KNOW, I'M POSER FAG INJECTING MORE SOULESS POP ROCK INTO THE WORLD..

Oh man, this post made me laugh and laugh.. I need that right now! heh. You're funny, Benny! Thanks. I am really glad you guys dig them. I have posted clips elsewhere and never get any comments, just lots and lots of listens.. hehe I suppose that's good too.

I'm not really sure what your question is refering to though. I think you're asking about it's effect? If so, I use mine in the drive position. I just plugged in now for you and kicked it off and it sounds cool man! heh.. Not sure but it's more of a rock sound. Like I can see maybe Aerosmith.. Bouncy. that type of thing.. then I kicked it back on and it got fatter and more smoother for solos.

The Lonestar is a very versatile amp. I really love it. I am not saying it's better than other Boogie amps as I kind of zero'd right in on the LSC and didn't try others but for me (an 80's long haired hippie MARSHALL freak) I can get a lot of usable sounds out of it! Though I have to say my best move was replaceing the stock tubes with EL34BSTR's.

I'll tell you, I was struggling with getting enough drive for smooth sustain for Arpeggios and the like when I first got this amp home.. then I read somewhere in this site about the Loop Level Knob on the back and I turned it up all the way and it gave me more gain than I need.. which is great!

I will be making more clips especially with the 6l6's but just waiting for things to settle down here a bit..

I don't want to get into the several heavy things going wrong here but after Christmas I plan on recording more stuff. I have to maybe look into one of those free websites I see people posting stuff at. My crappy Road Runner account barely gives any storage space. I don't know if you like Marshalls but I had one modded by David Bray and he posted a clip in his songs section that I sent him the day I got it. It's at his site if you care to check it.

If you have another question about the Lonestar or if I didn't answer your question please feel free to P.M. me. Later....

Dreads.

Elpelotero said:
very unique tone man. it screams vintage sound, but it isn't a typical vintage boring sound. it's very unique.

Thanks. It's weird but when I play on the LSC it evens feels fat.. heh, I don't know how to describe that but it gives me the illusion of fatness under my fingers... really sweet tone. I always say: LSC, money well spent!

dreads.

hey, cool thanks for taking the time dreads. i knew nothing of that line level in the back. i'm gonna have to check that out. when you max that does it have any effects on the cleans ? i like marshalls as well, i think i am one of the few people that like the new dsl. i can get great sounds out of it. just that if you are not buying a jcm800 there seems to be no resale on them. boogies have great resale, so that is where i am at. plus i like the responsiveness of the tube rectifier.

glad i can make ya laugh. i get in these crazy moods every now and then.

don't worry about the clips, put 'em up when you can. take care of your life bro. give 110% to what you still have. storms come in an pull away the sand, but in the end you are left with good solid dirt.

Dreads said:
Here's a little Ditty I'm writing. So far, I only have my Guitars on it.. got a friend coming over to lay down the Bass (I want him on the tune.)

It's my LSC with Ruby el34bstr tubes. J.A.N.-Philips preamp tubes. Guitar is a 48th Street Custom with a late 80's DiMarzio super distortion. http://home.nyc.rr.com/dreadboy/pink1.jpg I'm plugging straight into the amp.

I made it an MP3 for size considerations.. cymbal quality suffered but I'm posting it more for an Amp Tone reference than for the song. Thanks for listening!

Dreads. :twisted:

http://home.nyc.rr.com/dreadboy/Amaj.mp3
http://home.nyc.rr.com/dreadboy/mesa-solo.mp3

Hey there folks,

Had to chime in here. Was going to post similar message but Dreads beat me to it with the killer clips. I've had my Lonestar short head for 5 months now playing out of a 1X12 thiele with stock C-90. I am very very happy. I did JJ up because of this forum and copy some Andy Timmons settings, especially the loop send Dreads mentioned. I run the send at 1:00 and for me, a funk, rock and blues player, I am in heaven! I smile every weekend when either channel is engaged. For those having problems with channel two, try a tube change, play with the loop send and use treble and presence to taste. It's all there! BTW, the short head is great and easy to move around if you can find one. I can't wait to get a 2x12 and try some different speakers. Oh yeah, I'm using 6L6's.

Mugambi

MUGAMBI,
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MORE CLIPS, EXSPECIALLY WITH THE 6L6'S. I HAVE A THREAD RUNNING IN THE MODERN AMP SECTION, ASKING ABOUT THE LSC AND IT'S ABILITIES. THE CLIPS HERE BY DREADS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT I COULD FIND WITH THE LSC. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MORE OF THE LONESTAR ROCKIN'

Latest posts

Back