Lonestar and Tube Screamer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picnic

Reaction score
I haven't used my TS9 with the LSC yet. The LSC tones have been plenty sweet for my ears. Last night , I jammed with some good players for the first time. The guitarist, a friend played his Tele thru a 72 Deluxe Reverb and stepped on the TS9 for his solos. His tone was killer as was his playing.
So now I'm thinking about using the TS9 again with my LSC. Anybody out there using the TS9/LSC together?
Just wondering...
Picnic

Actually I have an LSS

not crazy about the TS9 with it, however the Keeley Java Boost
and this pedal were made for each other

Java boost has a switch for , treble boost, mid boost, or all boost

choose your poison

I'm using a TS9 on the clean channel with my LSC and it sounds really good. It actually sounds very similar to using channel 2 with the gain on about 2 or 3 and the drive disabled.

Actually, I lied a little bit. My TS9 is actually a Maxon OD-9 modified by AnalogMan with the Silver Mod. The OD-9 is the same exact circuit as the TS9 but with a better circuit board and a true-bypass switch. Maxon was responsible for manafucturing all of the TS9's in the past. One of the major modifications that AnalogMan did was to replace the stock chips with the old school chips that were put into the original Tube Screamers. If your looking for a TS9 you can get killer modified ones from AnalogMan and Robert Keeley for a small premium. I highly recommend it.

I am using a Keeley TS-9 with a 2x12 LSC. We play classic rock. I don't use it much with the clean channel but use it for solos on channel two, especially if I have the drive switch off. I also have a compressor, wah, and chorus that I'll use occasionally. But by far, the TS-9 gets the biggest workout. I just wish the volume level did not drop so much when switching the drive channel off. I guess I could match it with the solo output, but I use that for solos. Anyways, yeah, I use the TS-9 and depend on it.

I use a TS-10 with my Road King, my 1972 Deluxe and my 5150 combo. I've used it almost as long as I've been playing guitar seriously (since the late 80s/early 90s).

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give the TS a spin, but there's another pedal I just got that I have to work into the rig. I recently bought an Anderson Tele with a Fishman power bridge acoustic pickup. In today's mail came a Fishman PowerBlend pedal. The pedal can split and mix the magnetic and piezo signal to the LSClassic. Lots of tweaking and experimenting to do.

I'm not a big pedal guy, so I try to keep it simple. That's not happening right now, but I'm having fun

I have a bunch of pedals in front of my LSC. I use a Boss OD-2 to give a little crunch on the clean channel and to send Channel 2 over the edge. :)
I also use a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster for a clean boost. Other than those I have Chorus, MXR Phase 90, Tremolo and Digital Delay.

I use my TA with a rat and a tubescreamer, I think that the cleaner your signal the cleaner your sound, but dude these two pedals push my TA into the seven sky
Rat and TS9 are totally recommend for any boogie amp

I have a visual sound route-66 OD/compressor pedal. I love the tone from it. the route-66 is the TS-808 circuit with a fat boost switch. I love the 808 sound. The bonus is that this pedal also has a comp, if you have not ran a good comp in front of your LSS or LSC you have not reached its full overdrive potential. You should seriously consider a compressor.

picnic said:
I haven't used my TS9 with the LSC yet. The LSC tones have been plenty sweet for my ears. Last night , I jammed with some good players for the first time. The guitarist, a friend played his Tele thru a 72 Deluxe Reverb and stepped on the TS9 for his solos. His tone was killer as was his playing.
So now I'm thinking about using the TS9 again with my LSC. Anybody out there using the TS9/LSC together?
Just wondering...
Picnic

Any chance your friend's name was Jim from "Jimmy and the Parrots?"

Have tried the 808 reissue with LSS, sounds great. By the way, I used to use the 808 with Deluxe Reverb, and yes, when pushing the deluxe reverb, stomping on the 808 drives it into killer tone.

I notice, though, that my wah pedal sounds better clean on the LSS than with a lot of overdrive.

mloiaco,

No it wasn't Jimmy, but I saw him play way before I got my LSC He might be playing a gig at my place this summer. If so, I'll check out his stuff.
Guitar 55 and I are in the central NJ area. Where are you? We meet at East Brunswick GC and hog all the Mesas!

I'm also in the Central NJ area. Actually, I'm finishing my last semester of graduate school at Rutgers in New Brunswick, so I know exactly where the East Brunswick Guitar Center is.

I don't have a LS, but I just purchased a TS-808 reissue for my RK1, and so far, I've been very happy with it. I A/B'd it with a TS9-DX. The TS9DX sounded great, but the 808 sounded a bit more organic and I thought that it preserved the sound of my instrument better than the TS9.

Back