Lonestar 1x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNTRoy

Reaction score
I am thinking about trading for a Lonestar 1x12 and my question is with it cover Rock to metal? i am gonna be downsizing my rig and i am looking into Mesa. Heard lots of good things about them. most of the time i play classic rock and sometimes i do metal.
My current rig is a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 into a 1960AV with my trusty old Gibson SG. But dragging the Marshall around is getting old. so i am looking in to a quality built 1x12 or 2x12 Mesa and i have found the Lonestar for sale local.

Rock definitely. I doubt you'll be happy with it for metal, though.

I'd look at single rectifier or tremoverb for both genres. Mini rec works for both as well, so maybe a Rectoverb 25 combo.

Consider the Express 5:50+. It's an awesome amp, maybe not as much gain as a rectifier or Mark series, but it is capable of quite a bit of gain IMO, and the 5-band EQ is really powerful for shaping the tone. And the crunch channel is awesome for classic rock, not to mention the amp has one of the best clean channels I've ever heard.

FlamencoD said:
Consider the Express 5:50+. It's an awesome amp, maybe not as much gain as a rectifier or Mark series, but it is capable of quite a bit of gain IMO, and the 5-band EQ is really powerful for shaping the tone. And the crunch channel is awesome for classic rock, not to mention the amp has one of the best clean channels I've ever heard.

I wound up going with a Rectoverb 50 combo. and i love it. I can get any sound i want with it..

Back