Lone Star Special, What Extension Cab Should I Order?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resonator

Reaction score
I just bought the Lone Star Special and went with the 1x12 model. I'm going to order an extension cab and was wondering if anyone was using the 4x10 cab with the 1x12 LSS. I'm looking for versatility and though this might work out well. I might be way off base here. Should I stick with the matching 1x12?

What do ya think?

thanks, Res

If I were you, I'd play with just the Special 1x12 1st. Then try it with different cabinets. Depends on your needs, but I think that until you play with it as is a bit, you won't know what you want to add. Again, I feel this 1x12 Special sounds great by itself, better than most all other 1x12's. For me, much better stock than my '89 simulclass Mark III green. It also has the power to drive a good 4x12 if needed or wanted.

Resonator said:
I just bought the Lone Star Special and went with the 1x12 model. I'm going to order an extension cab and was wondering if anyone was using the 4x10 cab with the 1x12 LSS. I'm looking for versatility and though this might work out well. I might be way off base here. Should I stick with the matching 1x12?

What do ya think?

thanks, Res

I had the 1x12, and added the matching 1x12
and it makes it bigger warmer, but no real tone change

I like matching cab with it, but if I still had had it
I'd probably swap the speaker just to get a diff dimesion

I also had a Bassman, and wired a little harness together
so I could hook up the 4x10 to it. While this sounded ok
I like the Bassman a lot better, and didn't bother hooking
it up again

I played the LSS in the store when I bought it through the stock speaker simultaneously with a 2x12 LoneStar Cab that sounded Great. I'm going to get a cab too, I'm thinking of going with a 2x12 but I've heard that closed back Recto cabs sound amazing with the Special. I think I'm going to go with a 2x12 Recto.

I have yet to try it out though ...I can only monopolize the sound room at G.C. for so long before the Metal Heads invade and play PRS's through Triple Rec's so loud I can't even hear.

"and it makes it bigger warmer, but no real tone change "

For me, I consider that a tone change - and a good one too :)

I recommend the additional 1x12 cab.

Back