Lone Star Special specs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjrhd28

Reaction score
Does anyone know where it shows the weight for the Lone Star Special head, the 1 x12, the 2x 12, and the 4x10?

Thanks

SabuJSE said:
I do not - but I do know the 1x12 is heavy.

I can concur with that. The box on my 1x12 was labeled "70 lbs" but that includes all the packing, and probably is only approximate as well.

I would estimate around 50 lbs. or a little more.

pjrhd28 said:
Does anyone know where it shows the weight for the Lone Star Special head, the 1 x12, the 2x 12, and the 4x10?

Thanks

I can tell you this much the LSS 1 x 12 weighs more than the TSL 122 I used to have.

I let my son lift the LSS for me :lol:

brianf

I like th elooks of my LSC 2x12, but it is heavy. Mesa did tell me they sell the empty cabs and heads separately. The long head is $250. They told me that the chassis is the same in all the LSC styles so you can change the cab with no problem. It will work in the short or long head as well as any of the combo's.

I was thinking of getting the head in black and then an Avatar or TrueTone cab in black with a Fender silver grille cloth. That would cheaper than the Mesa cab by itself.

The cabs are heavy even without the innards. When I shipped my LSC chassis back to Mesa it was just over 30 lbs, and the cab with 2 speakers was heavier than the chassis.

Just a thought.

That's an idea. I haven't even gigged with mine yet, so I have to see how it goes. The LSC 1x12 is no heavier than the Fender Pro Reverb I was using, so it may be OK. But I'm not getting any younger and my back isn't as strong as it used to be.

Back