lone star empty head replacement

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngmusic

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a LSS (duo class version) 2x12, but i would like to transform the combo into a head format!
do you know if i can buy an empty head from mesa boogie and where?

thank in advance

nico

Sure you can. You have to give them a call and order it. I'm going to convert my LS 2x12 as well. I'm going to build a head and speaker cab. I may even rack mount the head as the chassis is only 17" wide.

Buying from Mesa will be expensive though.

Dave

CudBucket said:
Sure you can. You have to give them a call and order it. I'm going to convert my LS 2x12 as well. I'm going to build a head and speaker cab. I may even rack mount the head as the chassis is only 17" wide.

Buying from Mesa will be expensive though.

Dave

Were you thinking of rackmounting it with the rack-kit from Mesa? If that's the case, let me know how it works out! I'm very curious about that as well.

thanks for the reply,

well if i don't buy it from mesa, where i can find one that fit with the chassis of the head (you said 17", is it sure?) And what do you use to rack it?

thanks in advance

nicolas

The chassis in the 2x12 combo is definitely 17". Mine is a not an LSC. It's a version 1 LS 2x12 combo. I was thinking of just buying rack ears and building an enclosure for it. I'm not sure which way I'm going though. I really like the idea of racking the LS because I can use it with my Egnater M4 preamp/VHT 2/50/2 power amp.

These are two of the 2x12 cabs I built and sold. Same dimensions as the Mesa 2x12 recto.

cab_2.JPG

cab_3.JPG

cab_4.JPG

cab_5.JPG

Very nice. Do you still build them and any other tolex that match the LSS tan?

Thanks. Those were the last two I built but I'll be doing more. One will be a closed cab for my LS but with slightly different dimensions. I have found 2 or 3 vendors that sell both the blue and Cocoa brown LS tolex.

CudBucket said:
Thanks. Those were the last two I built but I'll be doing more. One will be a closed cab for my LS but with slightly different dimensions. I have found 2 or 3 vendors that sell both the blue and Cocoa brown LS tolex.

What kind of grille is that, it looks wicked cool? How much is for an unloaded cab, and tell us about its construction.

ja22y said:
CudBucket said:

What kind of grille is that, it looks wicked cool? How much is for an unloaded cab, and tell us about its construction.

I believe the two above were $350 unloaded, plus packing and shipping. The grill is just weave type grill cloth. They're made from Baltic Birch with box-joint joinery. Closed back, ported and wired 16ohm stereo/8 ohm mono.

You can see the construction on my site at www.dafguitars.com.

Dave

Great job! do you have the size etc of a Custom audio 2x12? i have found inside pic of the 1x12 cube but the 2x12 i have find nothing...

For the original question could you indicate a site where i can buy a empty head that will fit with the lone star please, it would be great!

Latest posts

Back