LOADS of old Boogie Gear!! *drool*

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neptical

Reaction score
Wow, I just happen to come across these old Lab Systems demos on YouTube that has a bunch of old Boogie gear. I'm drooling at all that gear! Check out some of the vids..let me know what you think. They demo some gear, check out some of the tones. :)
(1 of 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZYwAPapZxg&feature=player_embedded
(2 of 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM9Vuuv_JRQ&feature=player_embedded
(3 of 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlCMCSYAg00&feature=player_embedded

~Nep~

Great video. The Anderson guitars play a big role in the versatility of the tones. I wish there were a guitar shop with this much dedication near my location.

I am also glad that the '80s are over. I came of age playing guitar then. Looking back on it, it got out of control with the racks, playing, etc.. around 1985. Less is more, on many fronts, to me at least. :twisted: I am much more about style and soul, than speed and flash, these days. 8)

wow, did that music sound super cheesy!!!
LOL

a lot of cool gear in there, all those pedalboards, sheesh...

i saw a bunch of my amps in there...
rack central.....

remember, back then, you couldn't go into a music store and play a boogie.

i bought my mark2b sight unseen, after playing a fellow road musician's rig, and digging it so much.

i had to wait 6 weeks to get it!!
LOL

i guess LAB was saying that boogie was, at that time, their top pic of what was available.

i kinda felt the same about the mesa when i bought it.

See, Gonz..I knew you'd like that music. :lol: LOL

Yeah, there is a crap ton of rack gear in there. Cool back in the days but totally overkill these days...although, I see a few things I could use if someone wanted to GIVE it to me. :mrgreen:

I go for the 'less is more' approach as well these days. A few pedals out front and I'm a happy camper.

Yeah, I remember finding a Boogie back in the days could be a challenge. There was so much Marshall, Peavey, Crate going on that filled our music stores. It's funny how it's just completely opposite these days.

Your IIb is a beauty and has apparently been worth every penny you've paid for it. I know from those recordings that I think it sounds excellent. A good reason I purchased your CD...LOL. :wink:

~Nep~

JOEY B. said:
I am also glad that the '80s are over. I came of age playing guitar then. Looking back on it, it got out of control with the racks, playing, etc.. around 1985. Less is more, on many fronts, to me at least. :twisted: I am much more about style and soul, than speed and flash, these days. 8)
+1. Quality has trumped quantity for me since I left my teenage years back in the 70's. 8)

****, after watching those videos, i'm pretty sure some tone purist's head somewhere just exploded :lol:

This is a prime example of the "Excess of the 80's." These people are trying to sell racks to the "Casual" gigging musician? Wow. The tone is completely lost in all of that bull.

when I used to lIve up north, there was a Mark IIB for $400. Now everywhere I look Mark IIB's are like $1,400

Roadifier said:
when I used to lIve up north, there was a Mark IIB for $400. Now everywhere I look Mark IIB's are like $1,400

Yeah, I got a few "kick me in the ***" moments myself. :lol:
I've sort of made up for it getting both my IIIs. :wink:

~Nep~

Latest posts

Back