Live In head case

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allcountyfair

Reaction score
Is it safe to leave your head in a live in case while you play as far as heat ventilation. I know most of them have a front and a back opening but the top vent is still covered, is that enough ventilation? Also I know it must be better to get the case 1/2" ply but is 1/4" still good as far as protection? I'm not sure which to get.

the case manufacturers that make live in cases normally add ventes for you corresponding to what amp you are using for this very purpose, diezel cases, a company owned by a friend of mine does all hand made cases and will do vents for competitive prices, hes handled alot of big bands recently as he has connections on the warped tour/ozzfest scene

the cases i was looking at do not have vents on the top like the triple recto does. Is it alright to cover that if the rear of the case is opened for ventilation?

for a short amount of time or for practicing at bedroom volumes id say no, but the tubes really do cook, so i would say you need the vents def. just do this simple test, run your amp for like 15 minutes not even loud or anythign just playing a bit then TRY and touch the power tubes or the pre amp cans or the chassis for the matter... i say try cuz i dont suggest you do cuz they are crazy hot

Latest posts

Back