Lines in the Sans and ACOS tone samples from two amps...;-)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmassy

Reaction score
Hi!
I'd like to share with you a couple of samples...
From a few months I'm the happy owner of an Overtone Special by Ceriatone, a custom version ordered when the 100w was not available, completed by me with custom irons and other little mods...tha amp is a Dumble clone, and has a "markish" gain structure, very similar to a markII.
It should be a fusion, blues or jazz amp (think of calrton, ford, bonamassa tones) but with an eq pedal in loop, mimics perfectly the structure of a markII with the 5slide EQ option...
Well, here it is what came out of this amp with a boss ge7 in the loop, set to the classical V shape, mid scoop.

http://media.putfile.com/music-12-54

And yesterday I recoded an interesting comparison test, my trusty Dual Rectifier vs the CeriaDumble, on the Lines in the Sand solo section.
First part is the Dual, the second part, the CeriaDumble

http://media.putfile.com/recto-ods

the Guitar is a PRS CE22 MapleTop with EVO2 in the bridge and AirNorton in the neck, mesa 2x12 recto cab, SM57 into a mackie satellite, Tracktion DAW.
Same equipment for the ACOS sample, except for the guitar, wich was an Ibanez RG1527 with EVO7 in the bridge and AN7 in the neck

Didn't know the overtone could put out that much gain. Was it moded to get that kind of gain? Or did you use some kind of boost? Can a real dumble do metal as well?

And the 1 million dollar question is (or shall I say 15,000 dollar, or whatever it is a dumble is selling for nowadays), can a Mark sound like a dumble?

the first clip had too much gain at the beginning i think. possibly too much mid scoop too. the lead tone was great.

the second clip, hmm...i think i prefer the dual half better. i dont usually like the dual recto tones, so its cool to hear someone get a tone that i like out of one.

oh and, i love your take on the solos. not by the book and note for note like lot of people do. but still recognizable. thats always been my view of solos, to express the individuality of the player, even on covers.

great job.

trem said:
Didn't know the overtone could put out that much gain. Was it moded to get that kind of gain? Or did you use some kind of boost? Can a real dumble do metal as well?

And the 1 million dollar question is (or shall I say 15,000 dollar, or whatever it is a dumble is selling for nowadays), can a Mark sound like a dumble?

No mods to increase th gain, no booster, no Od pedals, JUST the amp's gain...
For sure a Mark and a Dumble will not sound the same, but the cascading gain design and the general circuit designs has a lot of similarities ;-)
with an eq in the loop, the sound is wuite "markish"...

That LITS clip is sick. Great playing. I love how you interpreted the solo in your own way. Is there any way I can download that clip?

mystidream said:
That LITS clip is sick. Great playing. I love how you interpreted the solo in your own way. Is there any way I can download that clip?

Sure!
I will upload the file this evening and post a link here...

Back