Line 6 M13

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barny

Reaction score
just wondering iff any body has tried the line 6 M13 with the Mk4 boogie fx loop...its just the korg pedal iuse with the amp ,there is a volume drop when it is brought in with the loop switch..just wondering iff the line 6 pedal would be ok.?..Thanks

barny said:
just wondering iff any body has tried the line 6 M13 with the Mk4 boogie fx loop...its just the korg pedal iuse with the amp ,there is a volume drop when it is brought in with the loop switch..just wondering iff the line 6 pedal would be ok.?..Thanks

i tested it a GC through the loop of a Mark IV and it sounded great. very comprehensive unit and very well laid out. For the price its a killer unit (except for the drives...didnt like them). As for a volume drop, you need to balance your levels (both your loop send and the ins and outs of the fx unit). Once you get things balanced everything should sound good wihout volume drops and without much hum if any at all.

thanks Jdurso..i think youve made my mind up..:) been looking at them for a while but itwas just the thing about the MK4...thanks again
paul

barny said:
thanks Jdurso..i think youve made my mind up..:) been looking at them for a while but itwas just the thing about the MK4...thanks again
paul

by all means if you can give it a whirl first, but i think for the money its a great sounding unit with a very intelligent design

intelligent design...havent you heard of separation of church and tone

I got to mess with one into the front of a Plexi. If you can run it in stereo the M13 sounds fantastic. Even into the front of the Plexi it was pretty good sounding, much better than a POD. The delays are incredible.

thanks Ned..thats mainly what i would be using it for..delays rev and chorus..ill just use the amp overdrive..:)

Heck, my GT-8 takes care of my chorus, reverb, delay, and any other effect (including wah, whammy, and volume pedal) - as well as channel switching - and for less than half the price.

MusicManJP6 said:
Heck, my GT-8 takes care of my chorus, reverb, delay, and any other effect (including wah, whammy, and volume pedal) - as well as channel switching - and for less than half the price.

less than half? The M13 retails for $499 while the GT-8 retails for $450. While the GT-8 does more, the M13 has better sounding fx IMO. Also i think it is a great solution for guitarsist that just need fx and no amp/cab models. If you need the flexibility then maybe the GT-8 is the way to go but the M13 is perfect for guitarists who want great fx in an extremely intuitive layout.

While the GT-8 does more, the M13 has better sounding fx IMO. Also i think it is a great solution for guitarsist that just need fx and no amp/cab models

Yeah- these two are really quite different- but for shear flexibility and versatility- the Line 6 isn't really even in the same sport. For the money, the Line 6 is a great tool, and has decent sounding effects. I disagree that it sounds better than the GTs effects (at least the 8 and 10). After having got to check out the GT10 recently- it is on my short list get. Its no Axe FX- but is phenomenal as a back up and for late-night scratch tracks.

Laskyman

Latest posts

Back