• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lightly Used NOS GE 7581A Matched Pair-PRICE DROP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supergenius365

Reaction score
I wanted to try these, so I did.
Nice tube. I just prefer a 6L6.

Matching current 29.

Less than 20 hours on these tubes. There is a small piece of metal (?) floating inside one of the tubes. Does not seem to affect anything.

I bought them from Mike at KCA NOS for $160. Selling for $75 shipped.

Thanks,
J
moonphaser003.jpg

Wow,..that's tempting!
Just bought a match pair of TAD 6l6's (tall bottle) from LordValve for one of my old Ampeg V2's and they sound fantastic. These tubes are suppose to sound like the 7581A's
But I have an old pair of Philips 7581A's in my other Ampeg V2 and they sound Killer!! Like I said..very tempting! those 7581A's are hard to come by!

Hey, interested in a quad of GT6L6s (6 rateing) plus some cash?
I belive these are relabeled JJ 6L6's Thanks!

LynchLicks said:

Thanks for the offer. I really want to get some Mesa STR440's. I like the sound of them. The set I have has a short of some kind.

Thanks,
J

supergenius365 said:
LynchLicks said:

Thanks for the offer. I really want to get some Mesa STR440's. I like the sound of them. The set I have has a short of some kind.

Thanks,
J
What are STR440's?, relabeled 6L6 Sevt's?, 6L6 winged=c='s?, or maybe Sovtek? I haven't use Mesa labeled tubes in my Rectos for so long I don't know what they're offering now.
Don't know what you were useing the 7581A's in, but you should try either the TAD 6L6 tall bottle or small bottle tubes. I'm useing a matched quad of the TAD 6L6 (small bottle) tubes in one of my pre 500 Dual Rectos and they sound just as good if not better than my other pre 500 DR loaded with GT6L6GE's!! The small bottle 6L6 TAD's sound just Killer in a DR!

Hey Lynch Licks,

The STR440's are Ruby Tubes made for Mesa. I am hesitant to try a different tube since I do like them. Mine also are labeled "white" and "10" which, I think, makes them a tube w/a lot of headroom. The 7581A's have the same headroom, but have a different tonal response. Not bad, just different.

thanks,
J

Actually Ruby tubes does not make their own tubes. If the Mesa 440's are Ruby's they're more than likely to be Ruby 6L6CGMSTR's that are made at the Shugang factory in China. I've heard that these tubes are suppose to be pretty good. They're actually a little cheaper (in price) than the TAD's and the TAD's are a fantastic bang for the buck and the TAD 6l6WCG's are 1/2 the price of the GT6l6GE's (the famed General Electric copy) Not sure what the 10 means on the STR440's but one time when I was talking to someone at Mesa and asked them about useing Groove Tubes they told me the GT equivilents to the colors,..here they are:
Mesa GT
Red = #4
Yellow =#4
Green =#5
Grey = #5
Blue = #6
White = #6

Latest posts

Back