Lets talk about early Mesa half back cabs ! !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Reaction score
I bought one of them back in the early 2000s and have no idea what year it was ..... :( ... but it was in your FACE tone and it sounded great! I was always sorry I sold it.

Here is a pic>

NmQ0m.jpg

.... and then recently I found this cab which is totally unmolested with the two piece full back and EVM12Ls in the bottom with Black Shadows in the top. Not a nick or scratch on it, just lots of dust! It was a good catch!

NDmub.jpg

SooOoo how many years did they make these? And were the originals shaped like the first one, or was that considered a "B" cab and the newer one is an "A" cab? Anyone know? :?:

I love these cabs. I have a cream 4x12, with a "Boogie" logo. currently loaded with Celestion classic lead. Sounds great, but I'll probably get some EV's for it some day.

no serial number though. just has an 8 ohm round plastic jack receptacle.

0a257f0d.jpg

scott

zodiac272 said:
I love these cabs. I have a cream 4x12, with a "Boogie" logo. currently loaded with Celestion classic lead. Sounds great, but I'll probably get some EV's for it some day.

no serial number though. just has an 8 ohm round plastic jack receptacle.

0a257f0d.jpg

scott

That's a cool one. That's one thing I love about Boogie is you can customize anything!!! 8)

I have a 2x12 version too and it's amazing how it's almost as big as the 4x12 ..... big sounding too for a 2x12!!!! !

Rtfsa.jpg

qi3kq.jpg

Wow yea, the 2x12 is big... same width as long head i guess. The 4x12's are so compact that they aren't much bigger than the 2x12. Is that 2x "newer" with the square grille? Mine has the small casters, and i feel like it wants to tip over. never has though. maybe if i re tolex i"ll get track lock casters

nice clean cabs!

scott

I have two 2x12s...1 i bought new from the late 80s and one used from the early 90s. Both totally kick *** and are a signature part of my tone. You'll have to pry these from my cold dead fingers. :D

MkIII-rig-outdoor.jpg

kdorsey said:
I have two 2x12s...1 i bought new from the late 80s and one used from the early 90s. Both totally kick *** and are a signature part of my tone. You'll have to pry these from my cold dead fingers. :D

MkIII-rig-outdoor.jpg

Wow, that's a great setup... and really nice if you run stereo amps!!

I'm not sure on my 2x12 ... it may be one from near the end of the series with the square grill. I saw another on ebay that matched, I should have bought it! Mine was clean as new when I got it 5 years ago.

I have 3 of the 2x12 cabs and love them! I have not found a better sounding cab. I've been using that type since 1990.

I have to stack mine as I've never tried that lol.

Back