Lead Channel markedly quieter on Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

straycatsgp

Reaction score
I just bought a 2nd hand MarkIV (Head + Speaker) plus pedal
I was surprised that the Lead Channel is actually the quietest of the 3 channels. I would have expected that one to be the loudest.
I set volumes the same for all 3 channels and RH1 is OK, nice and clean. RH2 is loud and I easily can get overdrive, but when I switch to LEAD, I can hardly hear it unless I turn everything up to 10.

Is there something wrong or am I missing something?

On stage I of course set up my volumes for the venue. Master Output is around 1-2; then Often R1 is like 3-4; R2 is 8-9; Lead is around 6-9 and I use the EQ for a serious boost on solo's. My amp lives on Class A Tweed most of its life - more than enough bark for most venues.

I'd start with a new set of good tubes. Pre-amp and power amp - that way you know what you are starting with.

If thats not in the budget: Mark the position of each existing tube and start swapping them around into different slots to see if the situation improves. Sometimes just re-seating the tubes can clear some things up (socket contacts dirty).

Welcome to the mahhhhhk side.

Good luck.

Back